Rate the last thing you read

Batman

I finished the last Harry Potter book this afternoon... I really liked it. I couldn't remember reading the Half Blood Prince (or the Order of the Phoenix, for that matter, even though I read both) so there were some loose ends, and as usual, Harry got on my nerves even though, fortunately, he acted like less of a martyr than usual, but it was very nice all the same. It really picked up pace towards the end too... I think it's one of my favourite Harry Potter books. 9.5/10, I'd say.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the Harry Potter book too! But even though I didn't look up the spoilers, none of the revelations made me go *gasp* as such. But it was much better than Order of the Phoenix which I think was the worst of the lot. I give it a 7.5 cutting marks for the ending.

I finished HP on Monday...less than 18 hours after I bought it (yes, I did sleep). The ending was expectedly cheesy, and the middle got pretty boring with all the camping out and doing nothing, but all in all it was pretty good. 8.5/10

I just finished 1984 yesterday. I liked it a lot. Made me think. 9/10.

I'm reading Misery by Stephen King these days. I can't go through more than ten pages at a time :crazy: scared0016.gif

I've read this book several times and loved every minute. Stephen King is my favorite writer. :thumbsup:

For you HP fans who think King is too freaky/scary, etc... try "The Talisman" which was written by Stephen King and Peter Straub. It's a great book :grin:

I'm reading Misery by Stephen King these days. I can't go through more than ten pages at a time :crazy: scared0016.gif

How far into it are you??. It's an amazing book, you've made a good choice. I'd give it 10/10, one of the best books I have ever read. I have a very srtong stomach, but even I cringed at some of the moments in the book, whihc is far worse than in the movie!!.