Best Drug Movie

Batman

'The Trip'

I saw it many years ago (when I was a teen) on the tele in the wee hours of the morning. Anyway, I couldn't turn the TV off 'cause I found (movie) intriguing.

A long story short, after the movie was done I could of swore I felt 'stoned' or 'tripped', etc. That was a long time ago (and of course, I was straight) but I wonder if anyone else found the film somewhat mesmerizing.

Lots of good movies mentioned but I'm quite surprised that no one yet has acclaimed the most moving, startling and overall magnificent film dealing with drugs and the inevitable downward spiral that comes from their use:

Requiem for a Dream

The last 15 minutes of this film will shock most viewers, at least most of the people that I've talked with who has seen the film.

Here's just a random view from one of many people who has seen it:

This film is absolutely brilliant!! I saw this film today and was simply blown away by it! It is the best film I have seen to date that deals so intimately with the horrific effects of drug addiction on the mind and body. Darren Aronofsky's directing is nothing less than superb throughout the film. The final fifteen minutes or so in the film is fittingly powerful. The collaboration in directing and editing in this climax to the film is astounding and unforgettable. It is certainly intense and wonderfully highlights the film's central theme. The musical score in "Requiem for a Dream" is frighteningly good and certainly one of the strongest points of the film.

The cast were all excellent. However, it was Ellen (Mom in the Exorcist) Burstyn's mind blowing performance that stole the show. Her portrayal of a woman addicted to weight loss pills is, I believe, one of the most powerful and unforgettable performances in years and it was certainly the best of the year 2000!

Anyway, this is one of my favourite movies of the year. A definite 10/10.

I'm gonna have to say "Half-Baked" with Jim Bruer, Dave Chapelle, and Tommy Chong ("The Squirell(wow, I can't even spell squarell(?) right) Master")It's some funny stuff that I really reccomend, the best part (or one of them anyway) is when they name their "apparatuses" such as Billy-Bong-Thorton or Wesley Pipes, or Jon Stewart's cameo is nothing short of hillarious "Ever seen the back of a 20 dollar bill.....Ever seen the back of a 20 dollar bill.....ON WEED!!" :laughing:"Ever hit a grand slam...Ever hit a grand slam...ON WEED!!" :laughing: Good movie

"Less than Zero" couldn't have even been made into a movie if the screenplay had more accurately reflected the book. There were no likable people in the book. No one would have wanted to see it. A great example of when too few morals meet too much money. Drugs were only part of the problem in the book. While Clay never prostituted himself like Julian, he did participate in most of the other incidents portrayed in the movie and many that were not; kidnapping, rape, and bi-sexual sex. Nobody would have wanted to watch Andrew McCarthy taking it from behind. Tony Montanna killed a lot of people, but he never tied a teen-age girl to a bed and watched as his friends raped her.

I liked "Where the Buffalo Roam". Bill Murray played Hunter S. Thompson covering the Nixon campaign. It also featured his friendship with his attorney Carl Lazlo that "Fear and Loathing in LV" showed.

Actually Bob Sagets line is "What the hell, you come here only on pot, how 'bout you try going on crack, I've sucked d*** for crack, have you ever sucked d*** for pot?" (just a little closer to the line)

or when scarface quits his job, "f you, f you, f you, you're cool, I'm out."

• 5 weeks later...

"The Mystery of Leaping Fish"

This is a silent film made in 1916. The main characters name is Coke Ennyday he is kind of like a messed up Sherlock Holmes shooting up heroin and snorting coke. It is done in a funny Charley Chaplin type of way but its just crazy to see stuff done like that in a 1916 movie.

I would've voted Trainspotting, but it wasn't on that list.

I went with The Wall by Pink Floyd, Geldof's performance trips me out even when I'm sober. Another classic I found to be drug-related was Clockwork Orange, most say different, but see for yourself LOL :laughing: