This years voting for the top 1043 classic rock songs of all time.

RonJonSurfer

Here are my complaints and agreements:

These comments are my opinion. Most people would probably disagree. I'm rebellious when it comes to music.

First off, the Grateful Dead: Have a lot of songs, but I don't think they're all in the right order. Sugar Magnolia is not their best (something like Truckin' or Friend of the Devil).Eyes of The World should be a lot higher, as should Scarlet Begonias. I'm also suprised not one song was in the top 100. But besides those, I think the other songs are in good spots.

The Who: Baba O' Reily is not their best song. Good, but I like others more. I would put Behind Blue Eyes before it anyday (of course it is one of my favorite songs), and even if it's not better, there is no way Jethro Tull is ever better. I also don't think that Won't Get Fooled Again should be top 5. Top 10 maybe, but not top 5. The Real Me is without question top 100 material, but 169? I think not I'm glad to see that Who Are You and My Generation weren't ranked very high. Pinball Wizard is also another song that should be top 50, and is better than more than a few songs in that area. Also, Boris the Spider should not be on that list, even if it is in the thousands. All the other rankings are pretty good.

Pink Floyd: Disgusting none of the songs cracked the top ten. In my opinion Comfortably Numb an d Wish You Were Hereboth belong there. Have A Cigar at 400 is disappointing, because all the songs on the Wish You Were Here album belong in the top 200, if not higher. Also disappointing that other songs weren't there, like Great Gig In the Sky, The Trial as well as other songs in the pre DSOM era. Except for a few songs ranked lower than they should, I think most are correct. I was suprised to see so many from Animals, though.

The Beatles: I don't know if I pick Hey Jude as 6, but I was happy to see While My Guitar Gently Weeps so high up. I feel it's underappreciated. Long And Winding Road is not top 200 material, and A Hard Days Night should be higher. I don't think Yellow Submarine should be on there, as well as a few others. I think some songs should have been higher, and others lower, so I guess it's about even.

Jimi Hendrix: Underappreciated on this list. Purple Haze and All Along the Watchtower should be top 20, and other songs such as Red House should be much higher.

Led Zepplin: Yes, here it is. Stairway to Heavan is not the greatest song of all time. Top ten, maybe top 5, but not number one. Besides that, most of the other songs were put in the right places, but I would place Whole Lotta Love lower and bring up Black Dog

The Moody Blues: Sweet that they were actually given credit for their music, and Nights In White Satin is in the right spot, as are most others, but there is no way that Wildest Dreams (one of my favorites) is so far down. That's at least top 500. At least.

Rolling Stones: Not a fan, never will be. So there is only one way to vent my anger that two of theirs are in the top ten, taking away from Pink Floyd. :beady:. We'll leave it at that.

Aerosmith: I think it's great Dream On is top 20. One of the greatest songs ever. Same can be said for Walk This Way and it's position, although I like the RUN-DMC version better. Janies Got A Gun is a little far down, but all others are pretty good.

Neil Young: None of his songs in the top 100. None, zero, zip, nothing, 0. :stars: :confused: :(

U2: 130?! 130?! How dare they disrespect U2. They put the Stoners at 9 and 10, but one of the greatest songs of the last 50 years at 130? And Sunday Bloody Sunday at 250? Gloria at 971? Wow. I can't believe Jethro Tull has more songs that U2. What does that tell you?

Supertramp: Wrong. All wrong. Take the Long Way Home is top 500 no contest. The Logical Song should also be higher. Breakfast in America is fine, but I think they messed up on this.

Tom Petty (And the Heartbreakers): Free Falling and Mary Jane's Last Dance not even at top 300? And American Girl is too high. It's good, but not as good as those. The other are in the right spots.

Ok, that's all I care about. I'll probably think of more, but I don't have the energy.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have A Cigar at 400 is disappointing, because all the songs on the Wish You Were Here album belong in the top 200, if not higher.

Yeah that album is basically radio-cut friendly material, yet Shine On You Crazy Diamond, might not be top 200 worthy.

Neil Young: None of his songs in the top 100. None, zero, zip, nothing, 0.

That is a damn shame...

Stairway to Heavan is not the greatest song of all time. Top ten, maybe top 5, but not number one.

It's great at #1!!! At least the top honors goes to the best band, or the biggest, one of them anyways.

Edited by Guest
quoted different post, sorry

• 9 years later...