Arbitron Ratings

RonJonSurfer

It is true that radio stations put a lot of weight in Arbitron ratings, but the way the diaries are sent out, does cause a lot of stations to question the results. When I worked for an Arbitron rated station, we would be #1 one book, and then #5 the next book, book meaning time period, you have fall, winter and summer books...anyway, it would depend on where the diaries were sent to be filled out by listeners. Some stations take them very seriously and people get fired over the Arbitron ratings, which I find extreme due to the fact that you don't know if the people filling out the diaries are in your target demographic. The station I work for now is not an Arbitron station, and it does take a lot of pressure off of on air personalities. All in all, radio takes them seriously, but at the same time with a grain of salt.

It is true that radio stations put a lot of weight in Arbitron ratings, but the way the diaries are sent out, does cause a lot of stations to question the results. When I worked for an Arbitron rated station, we would be #1 one book, and then #5 the next book, book meaning time period, you have fall, winter and summer books...anyway, it would depend on where the diaries were sent to be filled out by listeners. Some stations take them very seriously and people get fired over the Arbitron ratings, which I find extreme due to the fact that you don't know if the people filling out the diaries are in your target demographic. The station I work for now is not an Arbitron station, and it does take a lot of pressure off of on air personalities. All in all, radio takes them seriously, but at the same time with a grain of salt.

HELLO JANE!!!!