the anti-Fox thread

Batman

I don't like fox news. They tend to sensationalize everything much more than the other stations. And hype, and make a bigger deal of things, than they really are.

ah yes, another good reason to dislike Fox.

Here's one as far as shows go. Fox prefers novelty shows that get old before the first season is over, rather than good shows that are well written and have a good premise.

They are trying too hard to be bigger than NBC and CBS. They need to start being Unique!

I have disliked them since they cancelled Boston Public! Down here, Fox and WB run together at the same station on two different channels. I truthfully dont see the point, but whatever.

I do however like Fox News sometimes. They arent so political, they focus alot on the action.

See I don't get these stations, but Oh MY God you CAN'T cancel Arrested Development! That's the funniest thing I've come across in AGES!

Probably because of the absence of canned laughter

I know! Hopefully someone else will buy them. Or maybe we should all go buy the DVDs, and it will come back...it worked with Family Guy!

What it is, really, is the dumbing down of America. They keep the heinously slapstick, unfunny, canned-laughter shows on, while shuffling the intelligently written, well-acted shows to the great film graveyard. Too many people too lazy to try and comprehend - nee, ENJOY - intelligent comedy.

It's not only that, it's the disliking of anything elitist (which has been around forever, I guess). Since AD is considered intelligent, it is considered elitist, so it's automatically disliked by a lot of people. And if they think AD is too intelligent, well...I disagree. Sure, it's more intelligent than most comedies on TV, but that's not saying much.

Yes, everyone who works at Fox should die. It's so good to see crap like "Stacked" and "The War At Home" stay on while the greatest comedy in history ("A.D.") gets booted.

I agree with Das on one point:

"It's soooooo good to see "Stacked" stay on."

Any show that gives us more Pamela :googly: :googly: , gets a thumbs up (and something else up) in my book too! :thumbsup: