Beatles 'Please Please Me' rendition...

oldschooljazz

Ya know, that's what I thought too...at first. But i listened, and the way this song is done is great. Don't go into it expecting to hear a regurgitation of a Beatles song. Matt Dusk takes a great melody, and makes it really unique. Seriously, check it out at mattdusk.com, you might change your mind. :thumbsup:

Hey Old School....I took your advice and checked out the site and the video. I am sorry but that was not a very pleasing experience. In the chorus where the Beatles up tempo the "come on, come on", Mr. Dusk sounds like he is dying.

I will say he does have a voice similiar to Sinatra in that song but that was about the only good thing I found. Outside of that, if I listened to his cover of Please, Please Me again I would need a pillow!! :sleepy:

• 3 months later...

Bazooka, that National lampoon site is great!!!!!! I´m still laughing... my favourite was Rabi Saul... Thanks for leting me know! I guess it must have something to do with the MAD crew as they were advertising on top of the site, and it´s very much their kind of humor. I don´t read it anymore

as I don´t find it that great now, but I grew up with MAD, it´s there I learned my English... with a little help from the Beatles. :laughing: :thumbsup: :coolio:

Taking this thread to another planet (New Jersey):

Joe Piscopo (comedian, bodybuilder, philanthropist & possible candidate for Garden State governor) did the definitive impression of the "Chairman of the Board" on Saturday Night Live, using the Sinatra style on very unusual material.

Piscopo currently tours with a big band tribute to Sinatra (playing it straight, it appears)

pisinatra.jpg

I also fondly remember Joe's hilarious parody of Michael Jackson's Thriller video, in an HBO Special from way back when (He turns into something other than a werewolf).