Christmas Radio

RonJonSurfer

I was driving around at lunch time and it sounds like 104.5 FM from Philly has gone all Christmas. Are there any stations by you that have gone 24 hour Christmas already?

By the way, my office is in Basking Ridge, NJ and I can pick up Philly and NY from here. At home, which is less than 20 miles from here, I can only get New York, but Connecticut starts coming in a little..

Not yet. The station that traditionally plays Christmas music around here hasn't started playing it yet. I just checked and they were playing Aaron Neville's version of "Everybody Plays the Fool"…

Actually, there were two stations that played Christmas music last year, and the second station, playing music from the '80's, '90's and today switched to playing mainly '70's and '80's, probably because everyone tuned out while they were playing Christmas music…

Here's a list of stations playing Christmas music right now. (BTW, the Charleston on this list must be Charleston, SC, as I don't know the two stations listed for Charleston…)

Yes, there is. The station my co-worker listens to is called Lite 93. It's mainly the easy listening rock, like America, Billy Joel, Beatles...that kind of stuff. On November 1, the station went all Christmas. So, I got her to change to the awesome rock station, 102.3 The Mountain. It plays a lot of deep cuts that you'll rarely hear on the radio.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Nice job on that list don..thanks.

Last year in New york there were a few stations playing all Christmas. One was going through a format change scheduled for January. another just starts in early December and plays all Christmas until Christmas Day.

Did you ever try to find good Christmas music on the radio on Christmas night? By 6, everybody is back to format. Somebody should understand that Christmas parties, etc. go on until New Years Day.

Yes, there is. The station my co-worker listens to is called Lite 93. It's mainly the easy listening rock, like America, Billy Joel, Beatles...that kind of stuff. On November 1, the station went all Christmas. So, I got her to change to the awesome rock station, 102.3 The Mountain. It plays a lot of deep cuts that you'll rarely hear on the radio.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

November 1st may be a record. does the Mountain have an internet site??

MiamiSammy wrote:

102themountain.com (You can probably Google 102.3 The Mountain, also. I think that's how I originally found it. I think it's out of Hazleton, PA.)

They are closer than you think Sammy.

They broadcast out of the same building as Froggy 101 on Hwy 315 in Pittston.

Sounds like Sammy's Lite 93 and Philly's Sunny 104.5 may be sister stations. We scratch our heads and say "what the hell are they doing?" But, if you listen you'll hear that they've sewn up much of the big retailers' Christmas radio budget. The mass retailers like WalMart and KMart and Toys R Us are hitting heavy and often on 104.5 but are not to be heard on the classic rock station. Same with the department stores. It's money, honey! I don't listen. I love lots of Christmas music but not until after December 1st, please.

But, if you listen you'll hear that they've sewn up much of the big retailers' Christmas radio budget. The mass retailers like WalMart and KMart and Toys R Us are hitting heavy and often on 104.5 but are not to be heard on the classic rock station.

So then, nobody's hearing their ads...except for about 10 or 12 grey-haired spinster women. They're wasting they're money, because those spinster women are going to go shopping at those places anyway.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

I love the Little House On The Prairie christmas movie...I know, I know, but it's so cute...when little Carrie didnt have enough money for a star to put on the tree, and she's smiling on xmas and hangs this aluminum foiled star on the tree.....and all the gifts were made that they gave to each other....and the appreciated what they had.