The Rolling Stones...

usernameddr

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laughing: Well that goes without saying ! No, I've deleted it now as I think it wasn't saying at all what I was thinking . Ithink I'll just go and cook dinner now , and see if I can straighten my head out another time ... thanks for you patience , anyway ! :laughing: :stars: :thumbsup:

:laughing: :laughing: We love you, Kevin... ;)

I am not saying I hate The Stones but I do feel they are overrated. Also I am not just about the meaning of the songs that is just another point. One of my favourite songs is Bionic Man - Fabuolous Poodles just because it si a fun great sounding song. But there are bands that rock harder then the Rolling Stones. Kiss and Aerosmith are two great exapmles. Gene Simmions is about 1% music and 200% about the rock. I don't think the stones are the greatest rock band ever. I personally ahte bands that redo other bands songs but I even think that Gob did a better job at Paint it Black then the stones did. I don't, can't and never will see the stones as the greatest rock band.

You think that Gob (or whatever the hell you called them) did a better version of what John Lennon once called "the best song ever written"?! And the best song Aerosmith ever did was "Train Kept A Rollin'". Which guy from Aerosmith wrote that one? Was it Tyler or Perry or Whitford? NO, IT WAS NEITHER; IT WAS A REMAKE!

I love Aerosmith, but if you ever asked them what group they patterned themselves after, they sure as hell aren't gonna say Gob! They're gonna say THE STONES! Why? BECAUSE THE STONES RULE!!

And to finish this post, I'm gonna quote Tommy DeVito from "Goodfellas"...

"What are you still doing here? Didn't I tell you to go f**k your mother?"

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

And I love Judith!!

Well, after all nobody is forced to love the Rolling Stones... I think it´s fine if not all the world loves the Stones, some friends of mine don´t like the Stones... that will make their concerts to be less crowded and we can enjoy them better.

In fact, some of us who grew up with their music as a soundtrack have more reasons to love them that younger people who might prefer any other bands.

:rockon: "Get off of my cloud"!!! :rockon:

I've heard many people discount this argument..especially when arguing about the Beatles...but it is valid....pioneers always take the arrows...

The Beatles and Stones took early influences and made sounds uniquely their own. They weren't just bands that sounded like other bands of the day...they were the first bands to sound like that...and those sounds are fresh today.

You think that Gob (or whatever the hell you called them) did a better version of what John Lennon once called "the best song ever written"?! And the best song Aerosmith ever did was "Train Kept A Rollin'". Which guy from Aerosmith wrote that one? Was it Tyler or Perry or Whitford? NO, IT WAS NEITHER; IT WAS A REMAKE!

I love Aerosmith, but if you ever asked them what group they patterned themselves after, they sure as hell aren't gonna say Gob! They're gonna say THE STONES! Why? BECAUSE THE STONES RULE!!

And to finish this post, I'm gonna quote Tommy DeVito from "Goodfellas"...

"What are you still doing here? Didn't I tell you to go f**k your mother?"

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Perhaps it's not Usernameddr who needs to grow up!

It's okay to disagree with someone, but insults and vulgar ones at that, come on!

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

My apologies too, Sammy. I was not as diplomatic as I had intended to be. I know how much you like the Rolling Stones and we all get carried away from time to time. I was having a cranky day when I responded to your post, hence the snarky tone. Sorry, again!

By the way, I share your opinion. Although I like Journey, they are not in the same league as Mick and the boys. Although I don't care for some of their later material, the Stones are still the greatest rock band in the world. I just received my copy of Sticky Fingers in the mail yesterday. What a great album. Mick Taylor's playing really added an extra dimension to their music.

:)

Hey usernameddr, you might not think The Stones are the best band ever. I don't really either, I like them and they are a great rock band. Maybe their music sounds a bit too much like the 60's for me. But I still admire their music. Even though you don't think they are the best some people think that and you have to respect their opinions. And same goes for all the people yelling at this guy. Well I think he is a guy. The Stones deffinatly had a great impact on rock. I personally don't think they are the best. I don't think anyone can really be called the best. The Beetles had a bigger impact then The Stones. But I wouldn't really call them rock. I like alot of bands better then The Stones and I can tell you do too. But they are still rock and they were great. I do too think they are a little overrated in saying they are the greatest because no one can really be called the greatest. But they were one of the best rock band whether you like it or not. That is just how people feel. And if you don't like thier music thats your opinion.

• 7 months later...