Bad couple of weeks for CC Deville...

MarcM

CC DeVille has called and checked into the Metal Sludge offices and confirmed that he had been burglarized of well over a dozen guitars, amplifiers and other musical equipment. Now the AP is reporting the following:

The Associated Press is reporting that POISON guitarist C.C. Deville was sentenced to 80 days in jail after pleading no contest to driving while intoxicated.

Deville, 43, whose real name is Bruce Johannesson, was also ordered by a Superior Court commissioner to serve five years probation, pay a $1,000 fine and surrender his license for a year, city prosecutors said Monday.

Prosecutors say Deville hit a parked vehicle Aug. 24 while he was backing out of the driveway of his girlfriend's home. He allegedly rammed another parked car, deploying his vehicle's air bags and injuring his girlfriend.

Police later found him near his vehicle close to the scene of the second accident, prosecutors said.

He pleaded no contest last Friday to a charge of driving under the influence causing injury, authorities said.

A very reliable inside source is reporting to Metal Sludge that CC DeVille's house was recently robbed. The Metal Sludge offices have left a message at the DeVille household, but we have yet to hear back to confirm this. We'll keep you posted when more news becomes available.

For those playing along at home, you might remember that Metal Sludge reported Bret Michaels guitar stolen during his recent tour and with the help of Metal Sludge Bret got his guitar back.

We're hoping to help CC out in this manner as well, providing that this unfortunate event did take place. Let's all hope it didn't.

And this just popped up...

C.C.'S HOME BURGLARIZED!!

October 23, 2005.

Earlier this morning, the home of noted guitarist C.C. Deville was broken into. Many guitars and several amplifiers were stolen from his private collection.

Arriving home from a personal business trip, Mr. Deville noticed that several guitars were not where he had left them. Upon further inspection, an initial inventory showed that approximately 30 pieces of equipment had been taken from his house. Included on the list are several vintage amplifiers and collectible guitars. Many of these are recognizable to C.C.'s fans, as they have been used on stage by this talented guitar player as well as featured in the numerous music videos he has appeared in during his 20 year career.

"This has been a difficult year for me," said C.C. I have struggled with my alcohol addiction and sought and completed treatment. Then to return home only to find it had been maliciously violated. Unfortunately the finger points to someone I have graciously allowed in my house and life. This saddens and disappoints me greatly."

C.C. continued," Not only do these guitars represent a large financial loss to myself, but they are also a damaging and hurtful loss to Poison and all of it's fans. Several of these pieces have become recognizable icons whose value exceeds their monetary or insured value." "I'm doing my best to think of this as a test to my hard earned sobriety. It's a test I do not intend to fail. It is, however, made more difficult by the fact that my feeling of safety is gone. And that I have lost some very gifted friends in my guitars." C.C. concluded.

A list of everything that was stolen will available on his personal website Planet Deville when the inventory process has been completed. While the proper authorities have been notified and are working on solving this case, we urge anyone with knowledge of the theft itself or the where abouts of any of the missing valuables to contact Roberta Cowan at Johannessongs, Inc.

Attention Los Angeles musicians, pawn shop owners, and Poison tribute bands. Be on the look out for CC's axes.