In America

Carl

This is a good movie. It's not nearly as depressing as I thought it would be, and the acting is incredible.

At one point, a little girl performs "Desperado." It's one of the best uses of a song in movie history. I can't do it justice with words, but I think you'll be impressed if you rent this movie.

Carl, I think you are right! Unfortunately, I haven't seen it, but no one that I have talked to has anything bad to say about the movie.

I caught previews of it at the theater and watched the last Independant Spirit Awards, where this movie nailed two awards: Best Supporting Male-Djimon Hounsou, and Best Cinematography-Declan Quinn.

Of surprising note-I just found out-are that the two girls are real life sisters! The ISP awards coincided with, I believe, the older sister's birthday and the entire ceremony paused to sing "Happy Birthday" to her. That short moment gave an sudden look at how charismatic the two girls really are.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to buy that DVD Carl. Between buying Hebrew National Hot Dogs, The Boondock Saints DVD, and building a basic classical music collection, I think I am going to have to start working a SECOND job! :)

• 1 month later...

This is a great movie! I finally saw it a couple weeks ago. I had to wait until I could buy it for under ten bucks (a personal DVD movie standard of mine) so I can watch it more than once or loan it out ect.

When you think you have it tough, if you wonder if you take living where you live for granted, when you think your view of this country has been blurred by time and circumstances... watch this film.

I love America for all her strength and character, no matter who in the Whitehouse or the halls of the capitol buildings, because this IS the GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH - HANDS DOWN! :bow: