Sigur Rós

Earth-Angel

Sigur Rós downloads.

Songs from their older albums as well as live performances. You'll enjoy them if you like "Scandanavian" music - you could imagine walking into a snowblind sunset, squinting and shivering. You can hear the starkness of the landscape through the music, hear the icy winds beating at the door. Emotional, ethereal, haunting, touching, lonely.

Fans of Kent, jj72, Damien Rice etc might enjoy this.

"Leit af lifi" is more jazzy/dancey, whilst songs like "Olsen Olsen", "Staralfur" and "Untitled #8" are their more emotional, stark style.

When I listen to Sigur Ros, it reminds me of sitting on a snowy hilltop in Sweden, squinting into the sunlight reflecting off the pristine snow, droplets melting off the ends of leaves, a cold icy chill freezing the tears on my face, my cheeks rosy red, just looking out. Looking out, my heart aching and breaking, sitting there with a heavy weight on my heart, sitting and waiting. Waiting for answers, waiting for a sign, waiting for healing, waiting for my love.

• 1 year later...

last reccomendation, this band from Iceland creates really atmospheric and beautiful music. In fact, Sigur Ros are thought of as a band that makes some of the most beautiful music today. In fact, I know some people who consider Sigur Ros music the most beautiful music they've ever heard. I don't care what kind of music you're "in to," if you can't at least appreciate this, then seriously, what is wrong with you?

Svefn-g-englar (this music video has a 90 second intro that's not really part of the song, but the song is absolutely amazing so listen to it)

untitled #1

this is a band where you've really got to be in a good atmosphere to fully appreciate it. Many environments work, but the computer environment probably is the worst for listening to them. I probably should have mentioned that.

The best environment I've listened to Sigur Ros in is driving through a snowy forest.

• 1 year later...

This is one band I've eluded for a loooong time. I remember hearing about them - I don't know - back when Vanilla Sky came out and people talked about how great this band is and how great this band is and how great this band is that I kinda tuned them out. I've had some of their albums in my Amazon wishlist for God knows how long; now that the coast is clear, I can come out and buy something of theirs. For those who like Kent, which album by Sigur Ros would you recommend getting?