I bought that....more than once

_jr_

I've owned a lot of albums through the years. Some have made the trek with me through all the phases of technology.

Just to name a few:

On 8-track, then album, then tape, then cd, I've owned all of Aerosmith's 70's stuff, Ted Nugent, Kiss, etc.

Anyone else have cds now, that they also owned on albun, tape, 8-track, and for you reaalllyy old folks (blues, Unc :grin: ), reel to reel?

Oh, plenty of them... to begin with Beatles, of course... had to buy some vinyls twice, have everything on tapes (great for travelling) and I have everything on cd too.

My Sticky Fingers... I already talked about that... :laughing:

The first Led Zeppelin... Making Movies, Parallel Lines, The Cars "Shake it up"...

I still keep some vinyls though I use the cds, but usually when I have two copies of the same record I give one to some friend.

I have these on vinyl and cd:

Sgt. Pepper's and Beatles For Sale - The Beatles

Billion Dollar Babies - Alice Cooper

Destroyer and Dynasty - KISS

Discovery - ELO

Bolan Boogie - T-Rex

Arrival - ABBA

Goodbye Yellowbrick Road - Elton John

I missed the vinyl decade though, so nearly everything I have is on cd or in mp3 form. Jr, you forgot to ask what we had in mp3 :D :D :D

I remember more:

Janis Joplin (Hits), Carole King (Tapestry), ABBA (Gold), Ramones (End of the Century) Woodstock Festival, Simon&G (Bridge over trouble water), more Stones: Flowers, Metamorphosis; Carly Simon (No Secrets) and so so many others I just cannot list...

I'm kinda in the same boat as Uncle Joe and Edna :laugh:

I've had hundreds of albums, dozens of 8 tracks,

hundreds of cassette tapes, bought top-of-the-line dual cassette decks for home recording equipment

and started making my own tapes with the blessing Congress and the sound recording act of 1971.

Purchased hundreds of cds.

Lots were the same album on cassette and cd.

One genre example would be...

some country-rock albums ~

Eagles, Byrds, Gram Parsons, Flying Burrito Bros, Buffalo Springfield, Commander Cody,

Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, Rick Nelson, the Band, Ry Cooder, Dan Hicks, Poco,

New Riders of the Purple Sage, Grateful Dead, Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker, Neil Young,

Crosby, Stills and Nash, Loggins & Messina, Taj Mahal...

The Stones' "Hot Rocks (1964-1971)". I have had this one on 8-track, cassette, vinyl, and now CD. It was a double-album squeezed onto one 8-track tape, so the tape kept breaking. It was a piece-of-sh*t ABCKO tape. I must've bought this one seven (7) times on 8-track alone, a couple-three times on cassette, and once on vinyl album. It was only about 8 or 10 bucks back then, but now it's $32.95 on CD....bast*rds!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Carole King ~ Tapesty...vinyl...CD

Bruce ~ Born To Run...vinyl...cassetee..CD

Heart ~ Dreamboat Annie...vinyl...CD

James Taylor Greatest Hits 1&2..vinyl...CD

Elton John ~ Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Madman Across the Water, Captain Fantastic and the Browndirt Cowboy...vinyl...CD

Stevie Nick ~ BellaDonna...vinyl...CD

All of Zeppelin from vinyl to CD

That is what I can think of off the top of my head here at work...I have more just to old to remember...

I am slowly getting all of Billy Joel's collection on CD. I haven't really bought any on CD that I already have on tape, but once I get the complete set, I'll start backfilling.

Same for John Cougar Mellencamp.

Is there a Led Zep box set I could get? I just found out that my husband is a big Led Zep fan, but I have seen nary a cassette or CD by them in his collection. I think it's because he wore the tapes out. If I could get a box set for X-Mas, that would be great. If not, I'll just get them individually.

Exactly how long have you known this dude? :doh:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

We've been married six years, been together 11. Ask him what my favorite bands/musicians are and see if he can name two......

Seriously, though, most of his collection is on tape and I think he wore the tapes out. Since we've been together, he has not bought one LZ CD and recently told someone that they were one of his favorite bands.