Is this a fair comparison?

NewYorkMets9

The thing that's so amazing about The Beatles is that you can't find another band to compare in this way. You'd have to do it element by element:

Stature- U2

Growth/experimentation - Radiohead

Mass popularity - nobody really; I will not use Green Day or Usher as a comparison, so I'll pick Coldplay, because at least they're British and good.

So make a supergroup of these bands, and you'll be up the first rung of the ladder.

i have been raking my brain since yesterday to remember something funny i heard on a music tv show; if coldplay are a watered down version of radiohead, keane are .... and that's the bit i can't remember but it basically said that keane are a watered-down version of coldplay, which makes them even worse!. it'sfunny, no offense to any fans, i like coldplay and keane, but it is sooo true!

Edited by Guest

I don't think you can really fairly compare 2 bands to each other, as every one is made up of completely unique and different elements. No matter what the influence or the style, every band sounds different to me. Whether they are a copy or a cover band, you cannot compare them to the originals. They bring their own sound to the songs whether it is intentional or not. Some bands play songs that "remind me" of other songs, but they don't sound the same.

Now mass generated, conveyor belt pop groups are a completely different story...