Best director of all time

Mike

No Billy Wilder? Woody Allen? Robert Altman?

I had a fixed idea with the original concept...

"6". What I concider to be the MOST significant/influential and creative directors of all time.

I know, I know, always "MY" opinions, always "MY" ideas. ...(what an ego -huh?)

Yeah, i rate alot of directors very very high up even though they may have directed one awesomely amazing movie...

...cant think of any right now...ill get back to ya.

OKAY got it... Bob Clark! Director of A Christmas Story!

Ok...he also did Porkys and Porkys 2 and Baby Geniuses 1&2 but, im talkin GOOD movies.

Edited by Guest

• 5 years later...

MARTY!

If you're talking about Scorsese than I agree with you :) He should have been a choice for his work with Robert De Niro, I mean Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, and Goodfellas are some of the best movies I've ever seen.

Quentin Tarantino would be another top choice for me, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Resevoir Dogs, and Inglourious Basterds are really great violent action films.

From this list, I'd vote for Hitchcock on the sheer output alone. He's done way more good movies than all those directors (probably combined). I think if I were to choose a best movie from someone in the list, though, it'd have to be from Kubrick (2001: A Space Odyssey and The Shining). Kurosawa Akira is also on the level of Hitchcock, while Andrei Tarkovsky is on the level of Kubrick. No Ingmar Bergman or Roberto Rossellini on the list either...