Amazon.com Phishing scam

Brian

Hi All:

Well, if you are like me and support SF through buying items through their Amazon link, then you may or may not have received a PHISHING e mail requesting you to validate your credit card information. (I will post the e-mail at the end of this message.)

PHISHING is way to send you an e mail to lure you to divulge personal or credit card information. I will be honest, I clicked on the link signed in with my Amazon Password, but I was VERY suspicious about this!! The link and every thing about it looked legit. Sadly, if you logged in it asked for WAY TOO MUCH credit card information.... pin number, and the security code on the back of the card. I immediately closed out the PHISH link, went to my direct Amazon link changed my password, and deleted every credit card on file.

I never get spam, so naturally I thought this was a legit e mail. My advice for anyone is to read the following PHISH mail and avoid it at all costs!!

Dear

Greetings from Amazon Payments.

Your bank has contacted us regarding some attempts of charges from your credit card via the Amazon system. We have reasons to believe that you changed your registration information or that someone else has unauthorized access to your Amazon account Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized listings placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order to allow us to investigate this matter further. Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your Amazon registration. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of Amazon policy to represent oneself as another Amazon user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. Amazon is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the full extent of the law

To confirm your identity with us click here:

HERE

After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time will result in delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.

Go ahead and click on the link above. It looks like a legit Amazon.com page. But for kicks, enter any information into the email and password page. Regardless of what you enter, it will take you to the credit card verification page.

Hopefully, this will make everyone more aware of this current scam. Apparently, this is a recent scam... started in early October.