Who Would You Be?

Sweet Jane 61

This came to me late last night...if you could for one day become one of your favorite artists, who would it be? Live their life for 24 hours. I would pick Janis Joplin...of course she is my favorite, but more to feel what she had in her soul. I have read so much about her, and I know her life had a great deal of pain, and heartache and she longed for that one true love. I would like to know what was really going on with her, and to have her voice for one day....WOW...so she is my choice. Who is yours??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jane we have so much in common. I too would pick Janis. I'love the blues, and she does not get nearly the credit she deserves for her talent. I identify quite a lot with her. Not her talent , but her life. The troubles weren't necessarily the same, but self destructive actions were. Mine wern't the same actions(thank god) but just as devastating to me. I understand that longing for real love.

More than a day ..... Bernie Taupin. I could have the emotional satisfaction and financial benefits of multiple hit songs but still go unrecognized nearly anywhere I wished to be. For a single day, I suppose doing a concert as Paul Simon. Such rich music and harmonies with my friend Art, knowing the crowd would listen to the words. On the other hand ... I have thought how it would feel prowling the stage like Mick Jagger or Billy Joel.

You´re right, they don´t look happy at all... and I guess they were not that happy after all, otherwise they wouldn´t have had such trouble with drugs. Everybody knows about Janis Joplin´s addictions, and Grace Slick was an alcoholic for a great part of her life.

You can be happy and have fun with dope as long as it doesn´t ruin your life. I believe that if you let it happen, you were not so happy...

One of the tin pan alley or American popular songwriters

like Hoagy Carmichael.

Just so I could experience writing a song.

:cool:

or

Sittin' in with Mick and Keith during their songwriting heyday of '67-'71 throughout a whole songwriting session...

:rockon:

can't you hear Keith talkin'...

Mick, just play that progression using the black keys

I was thinking it would've been great to have been one of the few really great old time women blues singers. To be able to put your feelings out there like that. Those women lived . Then I thought a little more. Some of that living wasn't so hot. But the singing....man, to be able to do that.