Creedence Vinyl

jippers

Ok, here is a curly one.

Now I'm not sure if this occurs on the CD reissues, or if it even appears on vinyl pressed in America, but it certainly does on the locally (Australian) pressed vinyl, and I also believe that it appears on the UK pressing of "Willy And The Poor boys".

However, why do the Creedence vinyl LPs have TWO producer credits on the label? One says "Produced by John Fogerty" and the other, usually in a different place to the previous one, says "Produced by Debut Of California". What's that all about?

Thanx

I could be wrong, but this is what I think. Originally John Fogarty was not given the producers credit. After years of court battle he finally won that right. I would think if something is being re-issued in the UK or Australia, it would have that production company also listed. Who knows, but it sounds good! ;)

I just checked my copy of "Bayou Country" and it is an original Australia pressing. Under the title of the album it says "Arranged and Produced by John Fogerty" and above the track list on each side it says "Produced by Debut Of California". But what is "Debut Of California"?

Ok, I had an original copy of Bayou Country. At that time John Fogerty was not getting any indivdual credit for anything to do with the band. On the front cover it has the labels name 'Fantasy Records' and nothing else. I still think this has to have come from the court case.

Possibly Debut bought, or partnered with Fantasy at some point, or that's the guys Fogerty got to handle the actual production and marketing?

Still just a guess.

When was your copy released? Mine was from 67 I think.

Edited by Guest

Well mine is an original Australian copy - it is original because of the sleeve printing (with the stick on 'Stereo' label and thin cover and was licensed by Festival Records (the only Australian major label distributor) and on the Liberty imprint (on which label they were released in the British commonwealth, ie they were in England as well), as that was the label the records were released on until the early-mid 70s when Festival then licensed the Fantasy imprint and trademarks. (I know this because I also have an original copy of "More Creedence Gold" on the Fantasy imprint, with WOC of 1973).

Judging by all this I date my copy to be about a 1968-1969 vintage.

I got my copy second hand in a record store in Newcastle, on the east coast of New South Wales a few years ago.