Favorite Beatles album

I have always had the toughest time negotiating this one. But One has to choose. On a scale of 1-10, Abbey Road is a 9.999 and Sgt Peppers is a 9.998, with Revolver coming at 9.997 and Rubber Soul at 9.996.

That sounds real close to mine but I'd have to slide the White Album in there after Sgt. Pepper, perhaps at 9.9998.5.

I voted for Let It Be. I could listen to any Beatle album at any time, so I picked Let It Be for sentimental reasons.

You know, as many times as I have heard Let it be in my life, (743 times I think) I really can't go back after listening to Let it be... naked. It's better sounding, it's the way the boys actually "recorded" it and it's un-produced. Yet it's kinda sad you know, when I heard it for the first time (naked that is) I felt kinda like I did when I found out there was no Santa Claus, it was good to know the truth, but sad to let go of an old friend. (sorry if I shook any one up with the Santa thing, talk to your parents, I may be wrong)

I did not hear the "Naked" version until last summer. I still like the finished, "Spectorized" version strictly for the memories it invokes. I have since listened to the naked version only a few times, while the first version still gets frequent play.

You know, as many times as I have heard Let it be in my life, (743 times I think) I really can't go back after listening to Let it be... naked. It's better sounding, it's the way the boys actually "recorded" it and it's un-produced. Yet it's kinda sad you know, when I heard it for the first time (naked that is) I felt kinda like I did when I found out there was no Santa Claus, it was good to know the truth, but sad to let go of an old friend. (sorry if I shook any one up with the Santa thing, talk to your parents, I may be wrong)

I totally agree wit you... :) I´m so conservative...

I voted Rubber Soul. Maybe the White album would come next.

I love, love, love all the Beatles albums, but I voted for 'Sgt. Pepper's' for sentimental reasons too. One of my fave Beatles albums is 'Beatles For Sale' and it wasn't even an option! I am a big fan of The Beatles early stuff (as well as the later stuff) which I often think gets written off and that annoys me no end.

Top 3 albums for me would be Sgt. Pepper's, Beatles For Sale and The White Album. But hand me any Beatles album and I'll love it :D :D They're the best band ever and I don't care what you say :D :D :D

No clear winner here, except those who appreciate what clearly becomes, as the years pass, the best compilation of memorable songs by any rock group.

Not surprised these two scored-for-movie sound tracks score lowest. There seems to be a tendency to need to write a few "fillers" for every movie, though these are quality albums. Rubber Soul and Revolver are revered for the frontiersmanship stylings and breakthrough innovations into places rock had never gone before (and the Rolling Stones followed quicky down those paths.) Sgt Peppers is a landmark that made "themetic" rock albums and song montages the new standards. Let It Be is monumental in that it displayed the final outgrowth of this amazing groups collabrative powers. Though the songs are individually written, it was their "rubbing off" on one another that made their combined music better than the sum of the parts. But, I chose the White Album simply because it has more of the rock music I love the best.

My favourite Beatles album is Meet The Beatles...I like their "poofy" stuff.

Me too. I love all their albums. I sing "Do you want to know a secret" while I clean the dishes and "Devil in her heart" when I hoover and "Hold me tight" wherever... I have a complete cd collection, which I still don´t with the Stones (I will have it soon...) and every little song they do, they do it for me, yeah...