Bands that did NO covers!

Mike

Although some of their music was influenced by early blues musicians, I don't think that Led Zeppelin actually did any covers. I may be wrong, i just cant think of any.

Bring It On Home is an old Sonny Boy Williamson song.

And When The Levee Breaks is not an original. It was written in the 40's or 50's by Memphis Minnie.

Just off the top of my head:

Led Zeppelin covers - You Shook Me, I Can't Quit You Baby, Traveling Riverside Blues. Plus they had a nasty habit of taking writing credit for songs they didn't write. They were forced to give Willie Dixon co-writing credit for Whole Lotta Love.

The Who covered two Stones songs The Last Time and Under My Thumb, plus Motoring, Young Man Blues. There are also a few more covers on the Odds and Sods album.

• 1 month later...

Covers Project is a superb site for looking up covers and original artists, and quite a few songs that you might think were originals are actually covers. Led Zeppelin covered a LOT of songs, in the blues tradtion. Notably Stairway to Heaven's acoustic intro is actually borrowed from a song called Taurus by Spirit.

Some quick Led Zeppelin covers:

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

Dazed and Confused

The Lemon Song

Gallow's Pole

In My Time of Dying

My guess as to a band who never covered would be Steve Miller Band. Alas, I just checked on coversproject and apparantly they have covered a bunch of songs as well.

Opiate - The Eagles .. good call! I don't recall any cover there.

Ant - Rush did NOT cover .... however, Feedback ! due out on 6/29/04 is 9 covers recorded and they no longer qualify!

Rush's first song was a cover of Buddy Holly's Not Fade Away on a single, they never really counted. I think Seven Bridges Road is a cover by the Eagles.