Little Feat ~ Let It Roll

Sweet Jane 61

littlefeat.jpg

Digging in the albums again and can't believe I forgot about this one! Here is a review I found on the internet...

After Lowell George died a lamentable rock-star death in 1979, the band continued on for a while, then broke up for several years. Around 1987, several of the long-time members, including keyboard man Bill Payne, guitarist Paul Barrere, drummer Richie Hayward, bassist Kenny Gradney and percussionist Sam Clayton decided to reconvene, adding guitarist Fred Tackett and former Pure Prairie League vocalist Craig Fuller. In 1988, they released Let It Roll, and although it was not exactly a commercial blockbuster, it put Little Feat back on the scene, not only as a recording band, but as busy touring group.

Ok here is my review...not the Little Feat from the 70's which I loved, a different sound on this album but a good one. It is funky southern boogie music. "Hate to Lose Your Lovin" great tune with awesome keyboards from Billy Payne throughout the song..."Cajun Girl" makes you feel like you are in Louisiana...looking for a southern blues feel check out "Long Time Till I Get Over You"...get mellow with "Listen To Your Heart"...I like most every cut...not an album I would skip a song to hear another one. And great artists for backing vocals...Linda Rondstat, Bonnie Raitt, Bob Seger, and Marilyn Martin. A different Little Feat, but one worth listening to.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a Little Feat fan too, Sweet Jane, both pre and post Lowell George. Until I read your review however, I hadn't listened to or thought about them for quite a while. Yesterday, I pulled out my copy of Little Feat Live From Neon Park. Now I'm not generally fond of live albums, but this one is an exception to that rule. The sound quality is excellent and the musicianship is fantastic. From the rockin' Rock & Roll Everynight and Texas Twister to the dixeland sound of Can't Be Satisfied They're Red Hot (Hot Tamales), this album is a feast for the ears. Thanks for renewing my acquaintance with this fabulous band.

:)

Ah....Little Feat fans! Where have you been? I've mentioned Little Feat a few times without much response. I wondered if they had a more regional type fan base. They've always been a big deal around me. One of our radio stations used to do Feats at Five every day. Dixie Chicken was a sort of theme song for some of my friends and I many years ago.

Feats Don't Fail Me Now!!

• 3 months later...

Let It Roll was probably the perfect album for the band to come back with. It had enough of the old Little Feat feel to interest the old fans and fresh enough to bring new people to the band. It's an exceptionaly well produced album and has a great mix of tunes. Thanks for reminding me.

• 2 weeks later...

My Little Feat Story:

They performed at a small place in New London Connecticut and was not incredibly well attended, but was a great show. After it ended, me and my friends walked outside and saw Little Feat hanging out. We approached them and chatted with the band for a little while. It was great.

I love their music, and this album is my 2nd favorite (behind Dixie Chicken).