Fillmore East June 1971-Frank Zappa

EagleEye0

B0000009S9.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It is an experience to listen to one of the greatest raconteurs of the 20th Century. Frank Zappa was assited with his storytelling by The Turtles (Mark Volman and Howard Kaylan). These people are featured on such tracks as "Uncle Meat" "Mud Shark (on backing vocals)," "What kind of Girl Do You Think We Are?" and a few others.

You listen to this album to hear a great story, not stellar musicanship. Although Zappa performed "Peaches en Regalia" and "Tears began to fall" as an encore, the storytelling is the main highlight of this terrific live album.

Listen to a Great Story Today.

Edited by Guest

Guys. Why the disinterest in Frank Zappa? Is he too "weird" for you? Yes, he's a far deparure from your standard Pink Floyd, Blue Oyster Cult bands, but he an amzing guitarist and musical genius. Not ONE reply. This is a disgrace to Frank Zappa. you should be ashamed of yourself.

This post, like most that do not appeal to "what's cool" to listen to go unnoticed and underappreciated. Listen to zappa.

Edited by Guest

I'm sure the lack of response has nothing to with Mr. Zappa. I don't know much about his music, but I've always admired his spirit and creativity. I'm always interested in expanding my musical horizons...that's why I love this forum.

Perhaps the reason no one responded to this post is because you have a lovely habit of telling people what they should like and berating those who don't agree with you.

Eagle Eye, I'm a mod, so I don't know if I can say this, but I will anyways. Lately, you've been acting like a real jerk. You just assume that you have better musical taste than anyone on this site, you have a cocky "I'm right, your wrong" attitude. You just think your better than us, and that's not true.

Now let me deconstruct your post.

Guys. Why the disinterest in Frank Zappa?

Well, you posted this a day ago, and this forum section doesn't get much action, so perhaps you should have waited until you assumed we weren't interested. And aside from that, it's not much of a review. You hardly say anything about the album.

Is he too "weird" for you? Yes, he's a far deparure from your standard Pink Floyd, Blue Oyster Cult bands, but he an amzing guitarist and musical genius.

True, he's a great guitarist and musician, but don't start getting cocky, and assume that you have a wider taste in music than us. Yes, he's weird, I doubt anyone here minds that. The people who dislike him dislike him for other reasons than his weirdness. In fact, a lot of people here were teens in the 60's, and I'm sure they've listened to far weirder music than Frank Zappa.

Not ONE reply. This is a disgrace to Frank Zappa. you should be ashamed of yourself.

If anyone here should be ashamed it's you. You should be ashamed of the way you are acting on this site.

This post, like most that do not appeal to "what's cool" to listen to go unnoticed and underappreciated. Listen to zappa.

Hahahaha, worrying about what's cool? I can't think of a single regular poster who does. And I hate to break it to you, but classic rock is now considered cool. Perhaps you should find a different genre?

Edited by Guest

EagleEye I'm a fan of Zappa. I have been for many years. As Batman points out, I've been around the block a time or two, and this is by far not the weirdest music I've heard. I actually just saw the thread. I too prefer the studio stuff, and have to be in the right mood to listen. If you're such a big fan of Zappa, How about Captain Beefheart? I'm a big fan of Don Van Vliet,there aren't a lot of takers on him either, but there are a few. They are both take or leave type bands that's all. Take it easy sweetpea.

Cee Cee, if you like weird, I'll reccomend the Krautrock band "Faust." I prefer Zappa, but Faust is weirder. Also try Tangerine Dream.

Batman, I don't ncessarily like weird. I like what I like. But I'll try anything recommended to me. I've learned over the years, not to turn my nose up at anything. I like obscure out of the mainstream stuff.

In regards to Zappa, and Beefheart, it took someone to actually sit me down, tell me to close my eyes and just listen. I discovered that both Zappa and Don Van Vliet are actually poets, and the music is there to provide or further the imagry. One of my favorite lines:

"Fasten bulbous, the Mascara Snake said." That's Beefheart. Figure that one out! ;)

Well, I'm not sure what you'd think of Faust. They are a very electronic band. I don't think I like them very much, but I haven't heard that much from them. As for Tangerine Dream, I'm not really sure what I think of them. On one hand, the music is very trippy, easy to zone out to. On the other hand, they can get a little boring, and it's mostly synthesizers. I've never really heard a band like them, so maybe I should just give them some time.

Hahahaha, worrying about what's cool? I can't think of a single regular poster who does. And I hate to break it to you, but classic rock is now considered cool. Perhaps you should find a different genre?

First off, I love classic rock.

I merely thought that Frank Zappa would have a larger fan base considering he recorded over 60 albums and made great music. I believe he is underrated and underappreaciated as a musician and astonished how so many people knoww little of him.

Batman, I'll give them a try. In my experience, you've got pretty good taste, and you reccommend them. If they are out of the mainstream, I will enjoy listening at least once.

How do you feel about Morphine? Not the same as we've mentioned but out of the ordinary. I really like them. I had a couple cds (we know where they went). Give me an opinion, or I may have to do a terrible review! ;)

ummm..well now, kind of a fusion, rock, electric, jazz, strange lyrics. they are definately out of the mainstream. Their songs are in several movie scores.Try them once, You might like them, I do. there are guitars, horns, saxes, keyborads with maybe a synthesizer here or there. Knowing you, you'd like them, and I can count on you to listen!

;);)