Fantasy Watches

Kevin

I have a really cool clock, I bought it from covent garden market five years ago, it's in the shape of a t-shirt, and it has all the gigs the doors did during... can't remember what year, but it's wicked! :)

oh I have a tag too, I felt more comfortable with the tag than the rolex i think because it's less flashy (or not? )

I had a Rolex when I was married to my first wife. She owns a bail bonds business (no, I did not recommend her to people I arrested...)and took a gold Rolex from a pimp as payment. I got to wear it since it was a man's watch. As cool as it was to have a pimp's watch, I did not care for the thing. It was too flashy and it would stop running after I took it off at night since it was one of those kinetic do dads.

Hey, rachel, about the Rolex, how much would be worth it? :P I would have to look for mine and sell it... seems with that money I could pay the rent for three months!!! :laughing:

Now, I hope the person who gave it to me didn´t buy it on the street on Seventh Av... :grin:

I once bought a "Roblex" off some dude in an alleyway in Philadelphia. It had ten "dymonds" in it. I Presbyterianed him down to 10 bucks. I really liked that watch....well, for the two months or so that it worked.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

Well , at least they gave you a fighting chance with the name ; here and espacially in China , they have no worries about duplicating them completely-- name and all ! BTW , did it keep decent time while you had it ? :)

I am told it would be over a thousand euros... I´d have to get the big box from the closet, look for it, hope it´s still there, see if it still works, then hope it´s not a fake... the platinum ring left some green stuff on my finger when I removed it!! (it´s true!) :laughing: :laughing:

You should definately get it cleaned and serviced , Edna . It's really not all that expensive , if you consider the disappointment you may feel years from now if its kind of ruined from age , humidity , or just general neglect . You can always give it to a friend / family member if you really never use it , as well .

That said , I should quit talking and do the same with mine ( not a Rolex, though ! ) . My wife gave me a Breitling Navitimer ( similar to a Tag , I guess ) , and the instruction book said to get it serviced every 3-4 years . It's been 5 now, but I don't want to be without it for weeks ( keeps great time ) . Maybe I could get by with a nice Casio for a few weeks , though . Some of them have quite fun, but mostly useless, functions . Or Sammy could hook me up with that guy in the alley in Philly ... :) :laughing:

Edited by Guest

Oh I'm with Amy on the fun and cheapie variety, but I rarely wear them and they always end up in the box for the charity we volunteer for.

I've had a lot of watches, and I still have most of them. At one stage, I flat out refused to wear a watch but they started to intrigue me and I got into semi collecting them.

Now I wear a pretty pink leather and silver DKNY one my boyfriend bought for an anniversary last year :)

There is one watch, (could I call it my dream watch?) that I saw on an advertisement that was love at first sight, but I haven't been able to find it for purchase anywhere I have looked :(

• 3 months later...