Musical movies and Theatre!

PSYCHOcatholic

Theres alot of musicals out there, i have a few favorites, my first musical i did was Brigadoon, and then Lil' Abner, you old fogeys remember that one! Of course my favorite movie musicals would be Chicago, and Rocky Horror Picture Show! There is also a rock opera out called !Hero! The Rock Opera...It is about Jesus living present day, and he was born in Bethelehem Pennsylvania. Its pretty good if you can check it out. Whats your favorite musical?

The stage production of The Lion King - amazing costumes, visual effects and music!

After that, its a tough choice for second....Rent, Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, Avenue Q - not all on the same par but I loved them all :thumbsup: !Hero! sounds intriguing, I've always enjoyed seeing Jesus Christ, Superstar. I've seen that one at least 3 times, there's always a school or theater group putting it on somewhere!

When I was growing up, all the schools in our area always did a production of "Godspell". I watch the hippy 70s movie version every year at Easter. Did you know that the Jesus in that movie is Victor Garber, the guy from "Alias"? I almost fell over when I made that connection...I guess I didn't recognize him without the 'fro!

:afro:

010102_garber_sidekick02.jpg

010102_garber_sidekick01.jpg

I grew up in jr high and high school orchestra during the mid - late '60's. All we played were musicals and popular songs from the '50s and '60s.

I remember...

West Side Story

South Pacific

My Fair Lady

Sound of Music

Cabaret

Oklahoma

Kismet

Annie Get You Gun

Showboat

among others... :)

what a golden age for musicals