Iron Maiden and Friends celebrate 30th

RonJonSurfer

Stars Line Up to Wish Iron Maiden a Happy Birthday

'Numbers From the Beast: An All-Star Salute to Iron Maiden' will be released Tuesday.

Heavy rock stars including Motorhead and Dokken are helping to wish Iron Maiden a happy 30th birthday on a new tribute album.

The rockers have each picked a classic Maiden tune to cover on 'Numbers From the Beast: An All-Star Salute to Iron Maiden' which is released Tuesday.

Highlights include former Twisted Sister star Dee Snider's reworking of "Wasted Years", backed by ex-Dokken members George Lynch and Jeff Pilson and drummer Jason Bonham, and Motorhead's cover of "The Trooper" with Fishbone's Rocky George and Quiet Riot star Chuck Wright.

Ooh...this might be something I'd buy. I used to own around 10 Maiden cds. Then, in a fit of compassion, I mailed them all to my youngest brother, who was away from home for the first time and homesick. I've never seen them since.

Any more info on the tracks and artists? I can hear Snyder doing wasted years. It's right up his alley.

Anyone going to do Hallowed Be Thy Name? That's my favorite Maiden cut. That and The Prisoner. And Tailgunner. And Still Life. And Flash of the Blade. And Flight of Icarus. And Losfer Words. And Die With Your Boots On. And Can I Play With Madness. And.....

JR...here's a little more info:

"Numbers From The Beast - An All Star Salute to Iron Maiden" Out October 11th on Restless

NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 09/27/2005 -- On October 11th, Iron Maiden fans the world over will have something new to get excited about as the newly re-launched Restless Records releases "Numbers From The Beast: An All Star Salute to Iron Maiden," a tribute to the legendary band. The album, which features Maiden's own Paul Di'Anno and marks Restless' return to its metal and punk roots, is Produced by Grammy Award-winner and tribute album pioneer Bob Kulick (KISS, Metallica, Aerosmith) along with Brett Chassen and features appearances from current or former members of Iron Maiden, KISS, AC/DC, Motörhead, Anthrax, Dio, Judas Priest, Testament, Twisted Sister, Extreme, Whitesnake, Slaughter, Helmet, Dokken and many others.

"It's a fitting salute to an awesome band and may be the best tribute I've ever produced. I really like what we've done to these amazing songs, and more importantly, the band approves," says Kulick of the album.

"Numbers From The Beast" features 11 classic Iron Maiden tunes revamped in honor of the band's 25th anniversary. The final track listing is as follows:

1. Run To The Hills

2. Wasted Years

3. Wrathchild

4. Flight Of Icarus

5. Fear Of The Dark

6. The Trooper

7. Aces High

8. 2 Minutes To Midnight

9. Can I Play With Madness?

10. The Evil That Men Do

11. The Wickerman

The cover of every official Iron Maiden album has featured a zombie called "Eddie." Eddie has been painted by artist Derek Riggs for 20 years. "Numbers From The Beast" cover art was naturally painted by Riggs and is a must-have for any Maiden fan.

"Numbers From the Beast" marks the first release on the newly revamped Restless Records. William Hein, current president of Rykodisc and former head of Enigma Records, co-founded Restless in 1985 as a punk and metal sub-label of Enigma. Restless became a stand-alone label after Capitol-EMI acquired Enigma, and was subsequently acquired by Rykodisc in 2003. Now, back with a new sound and logo, Restless returns to its roots with the Maiden salute, as well as an upcoming reissue from California punk outfit 45 Grave.

features appearances from current or former members of Iron Maiden, KISS, AC/DC, Motörhead, Anthrax, Dio, Judas Priest, Testament, Twisted Sister, Extreme, Whitesnake, Slaughter, Helmet, Dokken and many others.

Beside Whitesnake, Extreme and Slaughter this should be a great album. :rockon: :rockon:

Edited by Guest