Jam Songs

nobody_home

What are some really good jam songs you like? I mean the kind that you'd give your big toe just to be there at the studio, or concert, to jam out with them. Here are some I like:

Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You

Allman Bros. - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed

Pink Floyd - Biding My Time

Frank Zappa - The Gumbo Variations

Jimi Hendrix - Killing Floor

Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy

Miles Davis & John Coltrane - So What

The Who - Young Man's Blues

I thought this would be about 'The Jam' - one of the best bands to come out of the UK ever!

Personally I like 'Eton Rifles', 'Going Underground' et al, but my fav. is 'Down In The Tubestation At Midnight' with probably the most memorable bass lines since 'Dirt' by the Stooges or 'Stranger On The Town' by the Damned.

Never mind....

Regards

I was thinking the same thing, Diggs. I was expecting a Jam thread. I think "A Town Called Malice" is The Jams most known song here in the US since it was used in the soundtrack to Billy Elliot. I also remember 'A' Bomb In Wardour Street and Long, Hot Summer, but that was The Style Council.

Slow Ride~Foghat you just get movin' with this one and want the song to keep goin' on!

Yes, but it's got to be the live version, with the extended drum funk and jam in the middle.

Speaking of which, wow, what a great live album that is, Foghat Live. Honey Hush, Slow Ride, Home in My Hand, a great cover of I Just Wanna Make Love To You, Fool For the City, and Road Fever. Great energy.

Wow, I think I may have my next Amazon.com purchase.