The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle~Bruce Springsteen

Sweet Jane 61

This is where Bruce shows he can write great lyrics and he has a band that can kick azz!! Rosalita, a wonderful love song...he tells what he is going through to get this girl. The lyrics of this album tell you about how life is along the Jersey Shore with such realism. Big Man Clarence on sax...wow...he is cookin' on this album. Kitty's Back, great rockin' tune. I bought Greetings from Asbury Park and liked it, but this album I loved. I liked the R&B feel to it also. And I never get tired of listening to 4th of July, Asbury Park. An album that my collection would be uncomplete without.

• 4 weeks later...

I own just about all of Sprinsteen's stuff, and this is his most underrated album, hands down.

Like his debut, Greetings From Asbury Park, this album is a study of characters. Springsteen has always had a knack for giving people a vivid glance at people. Not big, broad sweeping looks at a person's life, but one brief, stark, startling snippet of that person's life at that moment.

One common theme in each of Springsteen's first three albums, was he had at least one epic song, that had a cast of characters living out a human drama.

Greetings had "Lost in the Flood"

W,I&ESS had "Rosalita"

Born to Run had "Jungle Land

All great songs, but even better stories.