Shrek 2

Mike

Just saw this yesterday with the family. I really liked the first one so I thought the sequel would be pretty good too.

Well the plot was good, the characters creative and my expectations were met. But I thought about it after words, what did Shrek (the original) have that 2 did not? I.E. It did not exceed my expectations.

Well aside of the "newness" or originality, if you will, experience with the first one - (#1 reason sequels tank is they lack the same spark of originality, and seem like a regurgitated original) the music score! -that's what was missing!! Oh 2 had music, but the fiorst one opened with a very catchy tune and closed with and even catchier tune. In fact, I was watching a special on VH1 on the making of Shrek (orig) and their goal was to have the audience dancing out of the theater! When test audiences proved this goal they new they had a winning combination of visual and musical magic. So don't get me wrong, Shrek 2 is ok, worth a matinee price of admission and delivers some very funny and entertaining moments, it just lacks the "snap" the original has and maintains!

Anyone else seen this yet? Thoughts, comments?

shrek_2.jpg

I thought the animation was even better in Shrek 2, but the story wasn't as good. The original is amazing, so I was certainly not disappointed by this one.

I'm a big fan of "Holding Out For A Hero," so I was digging that part, but "Livin' La Vida Loca" was no "I'm A Believer." I was surprised they didn't change the lyrics -

"Her skins the color mocha" could easily have been "She's better than any Ogre," or something to that effect.

Hey, before some of you get your panties in a ruffle....

Shrek 3 and 4 are already in the works!

Shrek 3 is going to deal with The Knights of the Round Table. Sounds interesting....

I just like the fact that they continue to keep the origonal cast...Oh, by the way, John Lithgow is coming back...Wonder how they fit him into the picture??????

Anyway, I loved 1 and 2, looking forward to 3, and 4 ... =:P