Beatles fans

bparker1188

Get "Band On The Run" by Paul and "All Things Must Pass" by George. Just get second hand vinyl copies of the "It Don't Come Easy" and "Photograph" singles by Ringo and that's about all you need of his stuff.

Paul's "RAM" and "Red Rose Speedway" are pretty good. "Cloud Nine" by George was OK. Get the first Travelling Wilburies LP. It's out of print on CD so you'll need to find it second hand, but worth looking for. Also, Lennon's "Imagine" LP is great too.

Lennon's Shaved Fish album was a great compilation of hits.....McCartney's Band On The Run and Wings At The Speed Of Sound as well as George Harrison's All Things Must Pass are all must have albums. Awwwwwww....what the heck, pick up everything you can from the Fab Four's post Beatles days. You will not go wrong if you can get past Ringo's music.

Yep....Barbara Bach did appear in a James Bond Flick but you failed to mention it was "The Spy Who Loved Me" which by the way is my favorite Bond flick. You have to love that Lotus Esprit which doubled as a car and an underwater vehicle.

Unfortunately the posting here was about Beatles music after the breakup. I heard a Ringo song the other day, You're Sixteen, and said to myself I didn't like it 30 years ago and I still don't. I never had a problem with Ringo as a Beatle but he was not anywhere near the best when it came to banging the drums (I believe Pete Best was a better drummer). Ringo was somewhat different from the other three Beatles. In my opinion he lacked the talent the other three had.

Lastly I think of his movie Caveman and it still scares me!!! :doh:

John Lennon put "himself" into his music and lyrics, he made statements. Johns music was about life, it was serious and determined, he wanted to make people think!

Paul McCartney wanted to have fun and make light "pop" songs that made people happy and want to sing along. He didn't think it was necessary to get heavy!

George Harrison like a middle child in a family; wanted to travel the road less travels and then got all religious and in search of mind in soul on a journey and his music was diverse and unlike either Lennon or McCartney and he cut a new path for himself.

Richard Starkey aka - Ringo Starr Never was meant to stand on his own, a voice that made Bob Dylan sound like Robert Plant, and lyrical high points which were peaked with the no no song (yuck).

summary: Lennon would have blended well with grunge rock,he had a lyrical wit and told it like it was! McCartney could easily tour with Britney or Christina and George was best mixing it up with the Clapton and Ravi and never really was great, "All things must pass" is awesome stuff though.

While not being exactly 'solo' efforts, Ringo definitely deserves to be commended for the All-Starr Band Tours he's put together every few years since 1989. With the line-ups at various times including Joe Walsh, Nils Lofgren, Jack Bruce, Todd Rundgren, John Entwistle, Dave Edmunds, Randy Bachmann, Peter Frampton, Billy Preston, Dr. John, Ian Hunter, Clarence Clemmons, Levon Helm, Rick Danko, and Sheila E., he seems to have guaranteed it wouldn't be dull. Some of these live performances are available on CD and DVDs.

Maybe the most interesting aspect of the post- Beatles solo stuff is the Lennon / McCartney musical feud. Its fair to say that Lennon bore a personal grudge against McCartney for a long time after the split ( as, too, did Harrison to a lesser extent. They both felt Paul's commercial ambition and eagerness to tour again drove the group apart. )

They would exchange angry letters, and would go out of their way to avoid each other publicly for many years before they made their peace.

This feud shows itself in several of their solo songs, mainly by Lennon. Most famous of his anti-Paul tunes is the stunning " How Do You Sleep?", which includes the vicious line "the sound of musak fills your head". For his part, Paul largely choose to ignore John's musical attacks on him, but his best rebuff song is "Let Me Roll It"

It wasn't till a couple of years before John's death that they finally made it up and started talking again.

I once heard it said that there are only two types of people in the world, Paul people and John people. That everything else comes out of where you align yourself with those two.

Paul people are more likely to leave when things get tough

John people will let romantic interests come between friendships

Paul people belive they can get through life with a song and a smile

John people can be so idealistic that they annoy those around them

Things like that ::

Seems a little simplistic though

Granted, Ringo was not the most talented Beatle. But I have to admit, I did like his solo album "Ringo." I remember listening to that album when I was small in the late 70's. I was able to relive my childhood memories of that album with the VH1 Storytellers CD. It was OK. I wish I would have spent the extra time and effort looking for a CD of "Ringo", though.