A movie about Keith Moon is on the way

invisible_r

Hollywood star to play Who legend

Mike Myers is to star as The Who's legendary Keith Moon in a movie about the drummer's life.

The Who singer Roger Daltrey is co-producing the as yet untitled film, which has been in the pipeline for around ten years.

But the film is now being fast-tracked and a director is expected to be appointed shortly, Variety reports.

Myers is most famous for his starring role in the Austin Powers trilogy.

Moon had a reputation for being one of the wildest men of rock, as well as being world renowned for his drumming capabilities. He died of a barbiturates overdose in his London flat in 1978, aged just 31

I'm not sure how I feel about Mike Myers playing Moonie. He was one of my heros. I think of Bill Murray playing Hunter Thompson, another person who is hard to portray, in "Where The Buffalo Roam" which sucked. In fact, it sucked so bad that Thompson threatend to kill Murray if he ever saw him. If you know anything about Thompson, that is not an idle threat! I just hope he does not just turn Austin Powers into a drummer.

Side note: Amanda Moon, Keith's daughter, lives in the city I patrol. I met her one nite on a call. I noticed a lot of Keith Moon/Who stuff in the house. I said, "you must be a big fan of Keith Moon." She said, "Yeah. He was my father!" She was a very nice lady and I wish I could have talked to her longer and under different circumstances.

Wow Marc, that is crazy!! You couldn't get much closer to the man himself!

I think it will be very interesting to see Mike Myers in something serious - I'm assuming that Keith Moon had a serious side? I agree though, it would be very unfortunate if Myers decides to turn Austin into a drummer :thumbsdown:

My problem is- Moon is such a legend, I don't think I could be happy with anyone portraying him in a film. Especially a well known.

I felt the Val kilmer did not capture Jim Morrison, and that is because ... let's face it "were talking about JIM MORRISON" here. People with such unique personalities, and well known mannerism can not be easily "impersonated".