Here are some crappy lyrics

daslied

• 1 month later...

John....good tune. I like the lyrics...and the music is so perfect for them. The station I use to work at a couple of years ago had a show on Sunday nights that I hosted and produced, The Homegrown Hour, it was for local artists to be heard. It was for an hour on Sunday nights. And I would even have bands come in and let them be the whole show going acoustic. A lot of fun and I met so many awesome people. Band folks are cool to hang with, they are all about music. Thanks for sharing with us.

Well, I'm going to shamelessly steal some of your lines and put them to a new tune I'm working on...I think some of the lines are brilliant (I love the 'not ryhming stuff' because I just can't do it very well...and you can), however I'm not going to nick them all because for me they didn't all entirely fit together and I'm a bit less twee than you (I mean that in the most appreciative sense...I'm an oaf and I'd just look/sound daft using a word like 'admonishment')...e.g I'd rather say something like 'piss me off' rather than 'admonishment' which, while having less syllables and entirely changing the sense of the line, adds for me a certain 'edge' that, well, I seek.

Don't get me wrong, your lyrics are a whole lot better than mine...that's why I'm stealing yours...and, in the vanishingly unlikely event that I would ever make a penny from any song I write...sue me! :neener:

Great thread...thank you for the 'More Cowbell' link...wonderful :coolio:

I've panicked now...I hope no-one thinks I'm being mean...just honest...I'll post my re-write of the lyric once I've got it to fit the tune that's circulating in my head...it's just such a good lyric, but I could never sing a line like 'loved that I turned her on'....honest, if you saw me you'd know why...I look like a Klingon.

(well, my wife might disagree...but I did have to vanquish her brothers in hand to hand combat and then prove myself against the Tugarre people of Omega 5 before her father...Lord Snarrrgh of Tekarissh, would allow me to marry her) :blush:

Have at it. I'm sure I stole them from someone else first, so the cycle may continue.

(For those of you who don't know, "twee" is a style of music, not some cool British insult.)

I do ask that if you record it you send me a copy. I'm interested to hear someone else's take.

Well, the 'tune' I'm working on...and it ain't much of a tune yet, more a sort of flat warbling over a rythmic fingerpicked three chord shuffle...which does have an 'ambiguous' minor feel (like your original) but which is played in DADGAD so it's an even more ambiguous major/minor sound...which suits the ambiguous lyrics...a tad Nick Drake, a bit less Eels, a bit more Ryan Adams meets Damien Rice at a barbecue and hates his shoes because they are so shiny he can see up his girlfriends skirt and it's embarassing but he can't help looking and Bruce Dickinson notices their discomfort and mentions it to the host Will Ferrel, so they all go away and write a song about it, sort of vibe.

There's already too much cowbell in it.

:stars: