Suggestion - Album Reviews Section

Batman

I'm not sure if this is really necessary, since we have the "music of choice" section, but in other forums I've been to, we have had sections of the forum devoted to posters making their own album reviews. How about it? I'll even be a mod for it if nobody else is up to the challenge!

It would be different from music of choice, because it would be a full review, rather than just a blurb about why you like an album.

Here is an example of what I mean. Except I think the moderation should be stricter, because some of the reviews there are just 5 sentence reviews. We could have a 30 line minimum or something.

Here is another example. This one is alphabetized, for what it's worth, and a little more organized.

Oh, it's very fun. I have written 14 album reviews at the second album review forum I posted. I don't think I'd post them all here, though, because frankly, some of them are quite terrible. Some are good though.

Anyways, I think this would be a great way to

a) show our appreciation of our favorite albums

B) broaden our musical horizons

Also, original songfactor reviews would be so much better than a critic reviewing something, because we all know each other here, and we all know everyone elses musical tastes, so we would have a better idea of what reviews to take into consideration. For instance, I might read one of Scott's reviews on a little known grunge album, and I'll think "Scott has good taste in grunge, perhaps I should get this album." Or maybe I'll read a review by someone, and think "my musical tastes are much different from this person's" and take that into consideration.

Batman, I can´t open the sites you posted right now (they seem to be down...) but if you mean your "Meddle" review, I must say that I read it some time ago at the other forum and I was about to send you a PM to :bow: :bow: you!! :)

It´s some of the best album reviews I read, and believe me, I read quite a few...

I just opened the links... it wasn´t the review I´m talking about, or maybe I should seek and look for it, but I believe that if you plan to post some of them here, that one is amazing... Congrats, Will!!!!!

Edited by Guest

Thanks, Edna! Yes, I was quite proud of my "Meddle" review. On the first site, I post as Batman, but the reviews are not in alphabetical order, so it's pretty hard to find. But I posted the same reviews in the first site in the second site, where I post under the name "pooponabagel." What a terrible username, eh? What was I thinking? Apparently I was thinking about poop...and bagels.

Anyways, here are all the reviews I've written. The only ones on there that aren't written by me are "Live At Woodstock" by Hendrix and "Elephant" by the White Stripes.

Reviews I'm proud of:

Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour 74

Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies

White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan

Funkadelic - Maggot Brain

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland 2nd review

Queen - Queen II

Pink Floyd - Meddle

Reviews I'm not so proud of: (most of these were written a couple of years ago)

Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove

Led Zeppelin - How the West Was Won

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Nebula - To The Center

Reviews that I think are just OK:

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

Led Zeppelin - Early Days and Latter Days

Hendrix - Band of Gypsys

Anways, as you can see, it's loads of fun writing album reviews. It's also fun looking back at your old album reviews and seeing how your musical tastes and opinions have evolved.

• 2 weeks later...