Classic Rock Intros...

RonJonSurfer

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy Baby ! C'mon, we both know the intro to "Satsfaction" is #1. You're just giving some of the others a chance !

Actually, I think "Satisfaction" has one of the greatest riffs ever, but the Stones have a lot of songs with better intros...you know, ones that just kick you right in the face, man...for instance:

"Can't You Hear Me Knocking"

"One Hit To The Body"

"Midnight Rambler"

"Monkey Man"

"Stray Cat Blues"

"Star Star"

"Hand Of Fate"

"Rocks Off"

"Jumping John Flash"

...just to name a few. In fact, it's the way the Stones introduce their songs that make them the World's Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band. These songs (and about 250 others) hook you with a wicked riff right at the beginning and continue it all the way through the song.

STONES RULE!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check out the intro to Jet Liner by the Steve Miller Band. That is some neat stuff.

I just can't listen to Jet Airliner. Everytime I hear it, I want to sing Crossroads, since the first riff is a blantent ripoff of it, although I do admit it does change later.

Mine's probably Godzilla by BOC, I love that powerchord riff. I'm Burning For You is really good too. Heart's Crazy On You is possibly the fatest fingerpicking I've ever heard, and deserves props just for that. Of course, there's plenty of other already named, and ones I'm forgetting, but I'm too lazy to think any harder.