Bob Dylan: No Direction Home, A Martin Scorsese Picture

bazooka

I was out Monday, so I missed the first part, and last night I was burning music.

PBS is great.

What's amazing is that they're even showing on PBS. When I first heard about it, months ago, I thought for sure it'd be released right before Christmas, at an outrageous price. Then, sometime during the summer, they'd show it on PBS.

Hard to imagine, in this day and age, you can get to see something like that for free first, before it hits the stores.

I'm not Dylan fan, but I would have watched it, if for nothing else, the place it has in music history.

I'm not Dylan fan

This picture may not change that, but it will probably cause you to think differently about Dylan.

Martin Scorsese, as usual, is very dedicated to making an entertaining and artistic movie. And he has a real appreciation for music of all kinds.

I'm happy to see that your avatar has morphed to Dino.

For several years, there were plans for Scorsese to make a biopic about Dean Martin (Tom Hanks ?? was supposed to star) but, regrettably, it looks like that project has been put to sleep.

Dylan seems to have some regard for a Dino song, as well.

I'm not a big fan of Mr. Zimmerman, but the film took me back and kept my interest, as I recalled the ping-pong pace of Bob Dylan's evolving music styles after the Folk crowd booed him at Newport. I didn't see the second part; a mainland visitor was on his last 48 hours here and wanted to catch some movies at the $.50/$1 theaters. This reminded me of a arguement I had with a fan back in high school over whether Bob Dylan was a poet. (At the time, I said he was; the Dylan fan objected strenuously.) I wonder if Martin Scorsese is going "Ken Burns" in his mature years? If so, this could get verry interesting. :coolio: