Songs for the vocally challenged

daslied

Hopefully the subject says it all. I'm trying to compile a bunch of songs that take zero skill to sing.

Here are a few examples:

Tequila - The Champs

The Hustle - Van McCoy

Rock And Roll Part 2 - Gary Glitter

Wooly Bully - Sam The Sham and The Pharaohs

Just A Friend - Biz Markie

Anything Lou Reed (sorry to any fans)

Anything by William Shatner

They don't have to just have a few shouts (like "The Hustle") and rap doesn't count. Even people like Bob Dylan and Tom Waits (it kills me to say that) can be included. Basically, stuff anyone can mostly sing along with.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Spectacular thread. Being a vocally challenged individual, I love this subject. You mentioned my favorite song to sing at the top of my lungs..."Just a Friend" by the Biz.

I think anything in the hair metal oeuvre would work, because basically it's just screaming.

I think a great deal of Motown sounds good no matter who sings it.

*Get Ready - The Temptations

*Papa Was a Rolling Stone - The Temptations

*Baby, I Need Your Lovin' - The Four Tops

*Proud Mary - Ike and Tina Turner

Anything James Brown.

Anything AC/DC.

Peaches, while I love your selections (sans AC/DC) I think you're giving people too much credit. Maybe I'm just a big (bad word - please don't). Anyhoo...

If you've ever been to a karaoke bar, try to remember some special highlights.

Edited by Guest

Rhino Records puts out a series called

Frat Rock - with lot's to choose from -

Louie Louie - the Kingsmen

Nobody But Me - the Human Beinz

Shout - the Isley Brothers

You Really Got Me - the Kinks

Devil With the Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly - Mitch Rider & the Detroit Wheels

I Fought the Law - Bobby Fuller Four

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - the Animals

:beatnik:

Wild Thing - The Troggs

Rock & Roll All Nite - KISS

Twist & Shout - The Beatles

I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor (everyone knows the words!!)

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (I know that this mightn't be that easy, but I was at karaoke last Thursday night at the club and this song drew the biggest crowd)

I also remember once a few years ago at karaoke at the RSL someone sang 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling' by The Righteous Brothers. You couldn't hear the bloke on the microphone though, because every person was singing it at the top of their lungs!

I never knew talent was a requirement. I have to be the worst (really) singer in the world. Does that stop me? I'm the car next to you at the stoplight, windows down, stereo blasting singing at the top of my lungs, dancing away. You've Lost That Lovin Feelin...wonderful. I was listening to Jackson Browne tonight, The Load Out/Stay. Boy do I love singing the Ronnie Spector part, and then the falsetto....you don't want to be around. One thing though, I don't karaoke and I try not to loudly inflict myself on strangers. Those are the only rules! ;)

you guys have to admit though...

Any singer with/without talent cannot sing most of these songs that you guys mention. Alot of artists songs are covered and some of them sound good. But some artists just have that signature sound.

I'll admit, ive tried singing Twist and Shout....it sounds TERRIBLE! But then i try to sing something like Go Down Moses or Old Man River or stuff like that and its all good. Thats what made the artists back then...the signature voices.