Three Dog Night

RonJonSurfer

From 1969 - 1975, Three Dog Night had 21 hit singles including 11 in the top ten. Their music was played 24/7 on the radio and they packed concert halls.

Using three lead singers, Chuck Negron, Dan Hutton and Cory Wells, Three Dog Night performed their rendition of songs by:

Harry Nilsson, Laura Nyro, Randy Newman, Hoyt Axton, Russ Ballard (of Argent), Leo Sayer, Paul Williams and more. They covered hits by Lennon/McCartney, Neil Young, Robbie Robertson, Traffic, Dave Mason, Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

Can you match these Three Dog Night hits with the composer? (One of these songs is from "Hair").

The Show Must Go On

One

Joy to The World

Eli's Coming

Easy To Be Hard

Mama Told Me Not To Come

Never Been To Spain

Liar

Just an Old Fashioned Love Song

Three Dog Night were a classic rock sensation.

• 1 year later...

The Show Must Go On - Leo Sayer

One - Harry Nilsson

Joy to The World - Hoyt Axton

Eli's Coming - Laura Nyro

Easy To Be Hard - From Hair

Mama Told Me Not To Come - Randy newman

Never Been To Spain - Hoyt Axton

Liar - Ballard

Just an Old Fashioned Love Song - Paul Williams

:neener:

I love Three Dog Night!! I just played Eli's Coming and on this day in 1969 they performed it on American Bandstand, and I remember watching that show. My Mom liked them so she was watching it with me. I saw them only once in concert and it was great!

How come we can't listen to the Sweet Jane Show. Tell your cheap station manager to get streaming audio already. We want Sweet Jane!!

RonJon...I hate to say this outloud, but we are getting streaming!! I will happen in 2207 sometime, just not sure when, a lot of red tape. I am so jazzed about this, my brother lives in Florida and wants to hear me. So I will keep you updated! :headphones:

Was 2207 a typo or will it really take 200 years?

That's great news...through SongFacts you will immediately pick up listeners all over the world. Cool.