Best Make-Up in a Horror Film

Mike

Not too long a go I picked up this old film from the 80's called "Summer School" a film by the great Carl Reiner (Alan Brady on the Dick Van Dyke Show)

He even had a cameo in the film as a teacher who's won the lottery.

Anyway, these two kids, Chainsaw and Dave are like a pair of horror film make-up rising stars, they "prepare" the class for a new substitute teacher, it's hilarious.

I really liked the make up in American Werewolf in London too, a film they praise, I do believe it won an oscar for best make-up.

You got a favorite?

I dont know if id call it horror... But i think the movie Legend with Tom Cruise and Tim Curry had some really good makeup. With all that Tim Curry had to wear.

Harry and the Hendersons was good too...the man who played Harry was a real sport. Looked like a real monkey too...didnt look like a man...looked like...BIGFOOT!!...imagine that.

• 3 weeks later...

Gary Oldman's makeup and costume ( in Bram Stoker's Dracula ) as the old Count dressed in a somewhat E. European style was an interesting variation ( and one of the best in the movie ) from the usual evening dress and cape .

I also enjoyed The Simpson's Halloween episode that had Mr. Burns in a similar outfit . :)

I loved that movie! Chainsaw was my favorite character. God bless the 80s.

Anyway, I've always liked the make-up/effects from "The Exorcist", "The Evil Dead" series, "The Re-Animator" and the "Hellraiser" series. By today's standards they might seem cheesy, but they were very ahead of their time. :thumbsup:

Oh god how I love The Evil Dead.

:bow: Bruce Campbell :bow:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, yeah just remembered another one - Brad Greenquist as Victor Pascow in Pet Sematary. Great use of make-up there as he contiued to degrade over time. Oh and another flash, the face in the mirror in Poltergeist, where the guy in the mirror starts pulling his skin off down to the bone. *two-thumbs-up*