Fun Lovin Criminals, Manchester 17/09/05

bluezman

Hi, here`s a quick review of FLC. The venue was Manachester Academy, UK, not sure of the exact size but probably around 1,000 - 1,500.

Everytime FLC play the UK the venue size seems to get smaller. this is a pity imho as they are a real hardworking live band and they do have some great tunes to back it all up. Interestingly this venue was packed to the doors, this was one of the most cramped gigs I`ve been to in a while so maybe they have found the right size, or on the way up again :)

Anyhow -

Support was provided by Cantaloop (not sure of the spelling). A very funky band with a rap/RnB type front man. They were very good at what they did amd the crowd got into them, but that`s all I can say realy as I just didn`t like the music at all, I cannot comment on much else as I had most of my view blocked by tall people! hehe

FLC - fantastic! but I`m very biased, this is the 7th time I`ve seen them and this ranks as 2nd best, mainly due to me not actually seeing much of the show, just the back of a guys head!....But musically they were spot on, a good mix and a set list that contained - all the new album and the usual favorites e.g. scooby snacks, FLC, loco, up on the hill, king of new york, smoke `em... One of the highlights was they actualy had a sax player on for up on the hill which was great to hear played as it should be. 9/10 (would probably have been 10/10 if I`d seen the show:))