Reel Big Fish - Sheffield, UK 13/09/05

bluezman

Hi, thought I`d post a short review of this one for you all.

RBF are back in the UK again, in smaller venues than last time (which is a shame). This one was at Sheffield Octagon, I`m not 100% on the capacity but it`s probably around the 1000 mark...

There were two support acts -

The Matches - hhmm well where to start. Not the best support act I`ve seen and to be honest a bit of a Sum 41 type sound. It didn`t help as the mix was pretty usless and there was only one of the two guitars audiable, I`m not sure if that`s down to one of them not being very good or just a bad mix. They tried hard though and it looked like they won over a few new fans as a small section of the crowd did start to get into it. Maybe better with more experience. 5/10

Skindred - UK based Ragga/Punk/Meltal band, yes that is the right description! Again a bit of a bad mix, vocals were difficult to hear. Even when it wasn`t a deth grunt!. I have to say these guys blew me away along with nearly the whole place, the front man was fantastic and had nearly all the crowd bouncing and chanting by the end. Not bad for a band noone had heard of - www.skindred.com 8/10

Reel Big Fish - well they had a good sound ! out they came, and did 90 mins of what they do best. The mix of humour punk and ska was spot on. I`ll not try and remeber the whole set but it included - ban the tube top, sell out, I want your girlfriend, good thing, everything sucks, the kids don`t like it, take on me, awesome etc. The crowd seem to love every second and they put on an excellent show, as expected in a small venue the light show was adequate, but nothing special. 8/10

This is the second time I`ve see RBF and this time round they were a lot tighter. I`d drag anyone I could along to the next tour!

Edited by Guest