Flute Solo Songs

Hi -- just wondered if anyone knows of a place on the web where there are lists of songs with flute solos in them. I'm interested in learning more songs that actually had flute in them. I'm in a cover band and we do a lot of the Marshall Tucker stuff, Moody Blues, Canned Heat etc. But I'm not good enough to play Jethro Tull. My canned response to "do you play any Tull?" is "If I could play like Ian Anderson, do you think I'd be playing here?" heheheheeee. Anyway, I've found a few lists online, but none of them are anything that I didn't already know about. Seems like there should be a way to do an exhaustive search with all the music databases online. HELP!!!! Thanks ya'll.

• 2 weeks later...

Try here....Pop, Rock, Jazz And Country Music For Flute

www.fluteharbor.com/cat14.html

or here.....flutepuppy.com/cat14.html

maybe even here...www.flutespot.com/cat14.htm

there's always here...www.encoremusic.com/flute/cat14.htm

All of these were found in a Google search. Good luck! There are lots more sites. Go to Google search and type in "rock music with flute solos".

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

not going to name any songs out right butI can think of a few bands/musicians that have flute players... there is abritish musician by the name of Virginia Astley who was a volcalist and flautist she's done solo work and was also in a band, the Ravishing Beauties. Might be worth checking out.

There is also the Australian band The Go-betweens who in the mid-to late 80s had a member Amanda Brown who played flute, violin etc. a lot of their stuff from that period features Amanda adding light & shade to the basic guitar pop.

There is also quite a bit of flute work, if memory serves, on Marvin Gaye's What's Going On album.

Just about every Focus song has a flute in it. Tokyo Rose, Focus II (I think), Focus IV, Carnival Fugue, Hamburger Concerto, Hocus Pocus, House of The King, are all good ones.

Don't forget California Dreamin by The Mamas And The Papas. Echano by Chuck Mangione has some flutin in the beginning, and there is a flute in Color My World by Chicago. And of course there is Tim Weisburg. I have only heard that album that he did with Dan Fogelberg. The songs I can remember are The Power of Gold, Lazy Susan, Intimidation, and Lahaina Luna.