rush

EagleEye0

First off, I am baffled as to why Rush and Jethro Tull were not inducted this year along with J. Geils Band and Cat Stevens. Secondly, and more importantly, Rush is one of ther best rock and roll outfits of alltime.

They are my third favorite band of alltime. I own every 70s albuM excepte theIR self-titled debut with drummer John Rutsey. RUSH IS GOOD. LISTEN TO RUSH. ALSO, i own Permanent Waves and Moving Pictures. They are amazing listen to them. Possibly better than Zeppelin and I am NOT KIDDING. Peart IS a BETTER DRUMMER THAN BOHNHAM. PEART IS AMAZING

Edited by Guest

First of all, this comes up every year.

Jethro Tull is a valid question.

Rush and Kiss will probably never get inducted, well at least until well after Milli Vanilli and a hand full of garage bands.

Reason: Rolling Stone magazine.

Look into it, they don't like Rush, they don't like Kiss, and they control the induction nominees.

End of story!

"There's unrest in the Forest

there's trouble with the trees,

for the Maples would like more sunlight

and the Oaks ignore their pleas."

Geddy Lee, Rush, in, "The Trees."

The Trees-Rush

Album-Hemispheres

Year 1978

Its about the two hemispheres of the brain.

The whole album is amzing. "The Trees" is one of my favorite songs by Rush.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

The first time I'd heard of Rush was in my senior yr. of high school in '82 & the song was 'Tom Sayer' & I couldn't get to the store fast enough to get a copy of 'Moving pictures'. I loved that album! I later had bought other Rush album's & thought-"What the f... is that?" & just couldn't listen to them again without feeling my ear's would start bleeding if I did.

Oh well-an aquired taste I guess.

Rolling Stone could suck my a$$! Rush, Kiss, and Jethro Tull all deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame. Did Skynyrd get in this year? Man, if they didn't, then the Hall Of Fame is a f***ing joke!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :mad:

Rolling Stone is also the reason they don't let much prog into the hall.

• 8 months later...

Rolling Stone is also the reason they don't let much prog into the hall.

Yeah d00d :rockon: :afro: , Skynyrd finally got their acceptance into the hall, along with Black Sabbath. :cool:

The musical genius behind the talented production that Rush & Tull, as well as ELO, Yes & Blue Oyster Cult, etc. have to offer should be credit enough, there aren't many rock groups out there with that kind of quality.

:jack:

IMO Kiss is way too comic-book character bubblegum metal to be taken seriously in the hall. Despite their overachieving crowds & legions of die hard Kiss~Army fans who buy out their merchandise. This is the one hereld that struck them ... Selling Out. They're basically cursed from being accepted as a "True Music Talent"

I've just had the privilage of discovering Rush about 3 years ago. Lucky that I did! They are fantastic. Haven't hardly gone a day without listening to at least one song by them.

I quite enjoy the "squirrel on helium". LMAO. That entertains me a great deal.

Its about the two hemispheres of the brain.

The whole album is amzing. "The Trees" is one of my favorite songs by Rush.

Nicely said Eagle & great thread BTW, that album I believe was produced by Peter Collins [Rush's primary catalog, Queensryche, etc.] his extended studio pioneering skills alongside the heart & soul of the trio, are beyond phenomenol, & cut-rate at that, very few compare.

I really like his high pitched part in 2112's "Priests of the Temples of Syrynx"

I'm with Batman on this one, this song delivers Geddy's masterwork with his trademark pin-pointed high-octave vocal screeching in an almost ill-saturated manner.

Favorite Rush tunes:

[*]By-Tor-&-the-Snow-Dog

[*]2112 / Temples of Syrinx

[*]Cinderella Man

[*]The Trees

[*]Jacob's Ladder

[*]YYZ

[*]Subdivisions

[*]Time Stand Still

[*]Dreamline