Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Sweet Jane 61

I don't know why they use this system at all . Why doesn't the board of directors , or whoever , simply put whomever they wish in , whenever they like ... as a museum does ? Unlike a sports Hall of Fame , there really isn't the same objective data, etc. with which to look at and pick and choose from . Gold records , sales, #1 's, etc. , don't seem to be the criteria, so it seems to be so much more subjective. This way , they could honor people, if they wished, while they were alive more often.

You're right , there, Bluesboy . The present system focuses more on the process, and gives , I think , too much importance to those who choose rather than the people who may get in . I would assume ( maybe incorrectly ) that the Hall is simply an honor for artists who have been signifigant and for fans to enjoy seeing displays, etc. dedicated to them , rather than the end result of the battles between music writers (?) and the like who argue over who deserves to be there.

I've never been there, but I think I would prefer to see something set up by a board , with rotating exibits ( due to space ) , much like a museum. I think the Hall would be much more successful in getting interesting objects , quotes , reflections , etc. if they did it this way.

Edited by Guest
additions