The Catcher In The Rye

RyanTurtle

I Just got done reading The Catcher In The Ryeby J. D. Salinger and I was just wanting to get some other people's thoughts. I thought that it was an awesome book. :rockon:It was recently allowed back into our school library after being banned for about twenty years, so yeah, I had to read it, me being the artsy literature buff that I am.:beatnik: Not to mention the fact that I love anything that has to do with controversy of any sort.

I read somewhere a while ago when ebay was just getting big that the guy who retrieved the album that Marc David Chapman had John Lennon sign earlier in the day (it had been thrown behind a bush by the front of the building) was selling it on ebay. I almost can't think of anything more tasteless.

Here is John Lennon five hours before his death signing an autograph on Chapman´s (in the left) album. He waited till he got home and shot Lennon. Very very sad.

Back to "The Catcher in the rye", yes, why did he have to carry that book precisely? Why not "Mein Kampf" instead? What an a**...

My mother gave me that book when I was 15, I read it in English, I loved it... it really touched me...

Isn't this thread supposed to be about the BOOK? and not one of the numerous people who read it? Shish, Songfactors, you may have set a new record for going of topic in the minimum number of posts!

I read it last year. It was very well written, but maybe I'm too used to storylines because I kept waiting for a plotline to unfold. All throughout the book. Instead, Holden just kept walking around from one place to another.

I read somewhere a while ago when ebay was just getting big that the guy who retrieved the album that Marc David Chapman had John Lennon sign earlier in the day (it had been thrown behind a bush by the front of the building) was selling it on ebay. I almost can't think of anything more tasteless.

I almost can't think of anything more profitable. No offense to Lennon (or you, Shawna)....but seriously.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: