Concert Guidance Needed....

RonJonSurfer

The Union County MusicFest is a free concert being offered this Saturday night in Echo Lake Park in Mountainside, NJ. It will take me 5 minutes to get there if I hit the traffic light.

The only band I know anything about is Joan Jett and The Blackhearts. I've heard of The Smithereens and They May Be Giants. I haven't heard of any of the others.

What kind of music can i expect? Who should I see and who should I skip. What are some decent songs by these bands? Any other pertinent info?

Hey, free and one mile from home...I'm there. I took my boys to this event when they were like 6 and 3 and saw Gov't Mule. Thanks.

Concert Lineup

11:45 am

Thuli Dumakade

1:00 pm

Joe Bonamassa

2:30 pm

JoBonanno &

The Godsons of Soul

3:45 pm

Spiraling

5:00 pm

Smithereens

6:30 pm

They Might Be Giants

8:30 pm

Joan Jett &

the Blackhearts

Edited by Guest

I know you, man, and I know your taste in music. You will absolutely LOVE the Smithereens. I've seen them twice, and I would go see them another 20 times, if I got the chance. They play all hard, blues driven rock 'n' roll, ala the Stones, Aerosmith and Zeppelin. And they have some of the greatest basslines ever. They even throw in some Beatles, Elvis, Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray, that kind of stuff on occasion. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

I've seen probably a hundred bands in my time. Other than the Stones and Kinks, the Smithereens are my third favorite band to hear live. THEY ROCK!! Best band EVER to come out of Jersey.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: