Bands That Desreve the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

EagleEye0

Some Bands have around for a long time an accomplished a lot in their talenetd musical careers. However, some bands have been given a raw deal and have not been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, although they have the music and influence to supports their nomination.

I DO Know the Criteria to be Inducted into the RRHF. 25 or more years after first album release, have a profound influence of rock and roll, and perpetuate music. U2 released Boy in 1980 exactly 25 years before they got inducted into the hall? Great band, I love them, way to early to be in the hall though.

Bands Who Deserve To be Inducted:

Deep Purple

Emerson lake, and palmer

Yes

GENESIS

Black Sabbath

The Stooges

King Crimson

Van Halen

T. Rex (maybe, not sure)

Steppenwolf (maybe, not sure)

Lynyrd Skynyrd

RUSH (definitely

THIN LIZZY

Anyone else who deserve or doesnt deserve to be in the rock and roll hall of fame?

Your Call

• 9 months later...

I feel that all the artists who are currently in the hall, are well-deserved, seeing as how there's a waiting list that makes it near-impossible for most talented acts to be inducted. Since the music industry has been going at a downhill slope over the past 2 generations, this should leave more open slots for many others to fit in & eventually fill the void.

It's just to honor people with a measure of immortality, I suppose. People will remember The Beatles, Zeppelin, Aretha, etc., but what about:

Jimmy Yancey

Hank Ballard

Milt Gabler

The Orioles

Hal Blaine

I know who these people are, but I'm a musician mixed with a bit of musicologist. In 50 years most people won't bring up Hank Ballard in casual conversation like they (probably) will Elvis.

what about:

Jimmy Yancey

Hank Ballard

The Orioles

In 50 years most people won't bring up Hank Ballard in casual conversation like they (probably) will Elvis.

True, but this is stated for nearly 75% of the artists in the Hall; Hank Ballard & The Orioles had a lot of accountability during the debut of rock & roll music & were a decisive aid in crafting it's early ideal sound. I'm sure the Rock Hall of Fame has selected most of the Jukebox Heros from the 50's & early 60's era.

by the way...random wondering...when was the rock and roll hall of fame started and who invented it?

Jann Wenner (creator of Rolling Stone Magazine) started the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1983; then three years later they made their first inductees list with Chuck Berry being the first ever nominee. It wasn't until 1995 that the exhibition building was opened next door to the Cleveland Browns football stadium, after winning a National poll to be placed in the birthplace of Rock & Roll's region Ohio.

Clapton is the only artist who's been name-credited 3 times.

Neil Young would have been in thrice, had Crosby Stills & Nash been inducted with Young

Artists with Multiple Inductions:

Paul McCartney (Beatles, solo)

John Lennon (Beatles, solo)

George Harrison (Beatles, solo)

Eric Clapton (Yardbirds, Cream, solo)

Jimmy Page (Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin)

David Crosby (The Byrds, C,S&N)

Stephen Stills (Buffalo Springfield, C,S&N)

Neil Young (Buffalo Springfield, solo)

Paul Simon (Simon & Garfunkel, solo)

Sam Cooke (Soul Stirrers, solo)

Clyde McPhatter (Drifters, solo)

Johnny Carter (Flamingos, Dells)

Curtis Mayfield (Impressions, solo)

Michael Jackson (Jackson 5, solo)