The Best Female Vocal Stylist

purplepuddle

I like Joss Stone as well. I have been following her career for a few years. She definitely outsang Etheridge during that tribute to Janis Joplin. She is not as edgy as Janis, but she is the real deal in blue-eyed soul and is so young that she will only get better as she absorbs more experiences.

I can't really put my finger on why, but I LOVE to hear the song "Thank You" by Dido. Her voice, the production values, the instrumentation, the background vocals ... it all just works on such an emotive level for me. The last time I heard it, I was thinking I'd like that played at my funeral.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dido has a fantastic voice! I've bought her albums and each one is full of stand-out tracks.

Bjork has, to me, an incredibly diverse and unique voice. I know alot of folks find her "shouty" or "strange", but there is just this powerful, driven, haunting quality. She lifts you up, then flips you over, gives you a vocal spanking and then settles you down only to pick you you up and do it all over again.

It's grrrrrreat!! :coolio:

I saw a picture of Melissa Etheridge some days ago, she had short hair and I remembered her with long brown/red hair, and sunspots... I saw her live some years ago and I believe I even did a bit of an interview with her for a TV show... sometimes I mistake her with Eddie Brickell, which I saw at the same time more or less...