Stairway to Gilligan

Brian

After hearing about Gilligan (Bob Denver) passing away recently, I reminisced about hearing a song that a perfect fusion of the lyrics to Gilligans Island, sung to the music of "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zepplin. The song is called, "STAIRWAY TO GILLIGAN".

I first heard this song performed by a comedian at a show in Vegas almost 17 years ago. I was completely STUNNED!! I thought the comedian was a musical genius! But after searching Google I found out that "Little Roger and the Goosebumps" made this funny cover song back in the 1970's.

If you have REAL player you can listen to the song HERE. I dont have REAL player. I friggin hate it with a passion, and BEWARE registering for the FREE version requires giving credit card information.

There is a lot of information out there on the internet about this song. Such as... Robert Plant considered "Stairway to Gilligan" the best cover of Stairway to Heaven! :)

Anyway, I thought this post was deserving of my 'one post per month' average.

Cheers!

PS If you have this song in a viable format please PM me.

Hey, it's Brian! I love your monthly visits...I time my monthly baths around them. :grin:

I don't have Real Player, so I couldn't listen to it from your link. I did find it here and I was highly amused. People never cease to amaze me with their creativity. Of course I also love the Weird Al Flinstones/Red Hot Chili Peppers song, so obviously my sense of humor is very forgiving.