The Grateful Dead

EagleEye0

Does anybody here enjoy the Grateful Dead. I own both of there box sets, The Golden Road and Beyond Description, and they are terrific, especially their live material. However, when I converse with my friends they trash the Dead as a bunch of stoned hippies who got lucky. This is false. The Grateful Dead, like Phish, .moe, and Gov't Mule are jam bands. Anybody who believes these bands are a better studio band than live band has their head up their ass. This post is an striving effort to introduce the Grateful Dead to people who ignorantly lablled them as "stupid hippies." If you are new to Grateful Dead start with Europe '72 or American Beauty. I strongly believe that Europe '72 is their best live album, although, Live Dead features a twenty-three meinute rendition of "Dark Star," which is out of key, but fu**ing amazing. Listen to THE GRATEFUL DEAD OR PHISH. Phish, A Picture of Nectar is their finest studio moment and It's Alive is their best live album with a thirty minute rendition of "Tweezer," i believe.

I'm a self-proclaimed Deadhead. American Beauty is one of my all-time favorite albums.

Is that better? :D

You will, however, find more dissenting opinions than not on this subject around here.

Perhaps a more humble approach would have gotten more responses?

Edited by Guest