Asia

EagleEye0

According to your description of Music Discussion Classic, it oulines that all pre-1980 material is permissable in that forum. Asia's debut album was released in 1982, thus it does not qualify for that forum.

Why am I mentioning this? Because Asia is considered 80s rock and the forum I'm posting this topic in is for, in my opinion, modern music, material released in the last ten years.

Anyway, Asia has a talented amalgamtion of musicians including John Wetton of King Crimson, Steve Howe of Yes, Geoff Downes of The Buggles, and Carl palmer of Emerson Lake, and Palmer. Is there anything else to this band besides their debut and their sophmore effot which yieded a couple of hits. I know they regrouped 1990 and releases Astra and Aria but those albums are alotgether dismal and unfocused. I believe this rock and roll outfit will be obscured for some time. then again, that is what usually occurs when a band fails to commercially survive in the heat of the moment.

Is there some Asia news we should know?

HONG KONG, China (Reuters) -- Asian stocks closed mainly higher on Wednesday, with South Korea's market coming within striking distance of a record high following a rally on Wall Street and a further drop in oil prices.

Tokyo's market was virtually flat, with the Nikkei 225 ending just 0.06 percent ahead and the broader Topix slipping 0.06 percent. Australia put on two-thirds of a percent.

In Seoul, the Kospi finished up 1.81 percent to 1,142.99, just below the record of 1,145.66 set on November 9, 1994.

Hyundai Motor was the market's star performer, jumping almost 7 percent.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester: :jester: