• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mainstream 80s music = puking emoticon

underground 80s = super-happy emoticon

Sonic Youth- Teenage Riot

Pixies- Where is My Mind, Debaser, Caribou, Hey

Pavement- Elevate Me Later, Stop Breathin', New Haircut, Gold Soundz,

R.E.M.- End Of The World As We Know It, Pop Song 89, Driver 8, Drive, Man On The Moon, Imitation of Life, All The Way To Reno.

Bleh, I'm tellin' you there are two songs that after you listen to them, your mind will be blown into space, Heroin by Velvet Underground and Teenage Riot by Sonic Youth, first off, those two songs will have you well on your way to appreciating a)good music and B) the avant-garde, and secondly it will show that even tho VU was from the 60s and perceived as 'old' by you, their recording techniques and sound still carries thru to today (Teenage Riot was recorded in '88, almost 20 years after Heroin)

Bleh, I'm tellin' you there are two songs that after you listen to them, your mind will be blown into space, Heroin by Velvet Underground and Teenage Riot by Sonic Youth, first off, those two songs will have you well on your way to appreciating a)good music and B) the avant-garde, and secondly it will show that even tho VU was from the 60s and perceived as 'old' by you, their recording techniques and sound still carries thru to today (Teenage Riot was recorded in '88, almost 20 years after Heroin)

Is Heroin anything like Cocaine? :D

(I'm talkin' about the SONGS! :D)

Cocaine is good :)

I wanna re-phrase that... the SONG Cocaine is good ;)

And whats the Avant-Garde? O_o

Edited by Guest
Bored.

Avant Garde is a rejection of the norm (that's the best way to put it) it exists in visual arts, music, fashion, and even every day conversation. It requires a person to use both their brain and their emotions to fully grasp it.

It's really a school of thought I suppose, an approach to life.

Did you listen to all of Teenage Riot? I'm gonna have to say no 'cuz it's about 7 and a half minutes long, and if you only listened to the first part then you totally missed out on the textured guitars and spiraling feedback that resonates in the mid section.

I'm 17