The Wall movie, Pink Floyd.

Pharoah

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you want to fill your ipod with classic rock, eh? Here are some good songs from some of my favorite bands.

Jimi Hendrix:

Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Little Wing

Bold As Love

Spanish Castle Magic

Crosstown Traffic

Manic Depression

Aint No Tellin'

Pink Floyd:

Well, you already said you were a fan of this band...but here's some songs you should get that you probably haven't heard

One Of These Days

a Pillow Of Winds

Fearless

Echoes

Childhood's End

Burning Bridges

Let There Be More Light

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast

Queen:

Once again, you like these guys...but here are some you may not have heard

Brighton Rock

Death on Two Legs

Play The Game

Now I'm Here

Father to Son

Ogre Battle

March of the Black Queen

Nevermore

Lily of the Valley

In The Lap of the Gods

I havn't seen a topic about the Wall on this board, so discuss what you think about this movie based on the album by Pink Floyd.

I've never seen it myself; never knew 1 existed O_o

:D

"The Wall" is probably the greatest rock movie ever made. It is the kind of film that one can watch over and over again and either feel one understands it better ( a lot of symbolism ) or gets new thoughts about it that replace one's previous assumptions . Pick it up if you're a fan of the album as it will enhance your listening when you see the imagery that the band ( or maybe just Roger Waters ) wanted to have go along with it.

Any of ya know if Pink Floyd made Dark Side of the Moon go along with the Wizard of Oz on purpose?

Ooo, just downloaded Imagine sheet music for piano! :)

I've heard of all those Queen ones, Batman. :D Not the Pink Floyd ones though; just Fearless :) And that top list you gave, I've only heard of Jimi Hendrix from it.

Okay Pharoah I'm about to take you on a musical tour that will blow your mind right outta your butthole. ;)

The fact that you have a download service will make your transition to a rocker much much easier, here is a tour of everything you NEED to download thru the ages, not to say that there aren't more good songs, these are just the necesities.

(fellow s-factors feel free to add to the list, but I have the feeling I will be very complete)

Chuck Berry- Johnny B. Goode, Maybelienne(sp?) My Ding-a-Ling

Fats Domino-Blueberry Hill

Buddy Holly-Peggy Sue

Beatles- Twist and Shout, Michelle, Norweigen Wood, Help, Hard Day's Night, A Day In The Life, Hello Goodbye, Nowhere man, Taxman, Tomorrow Never Knows, For No One, Eleanor Rigby, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Cry Baby Cry, Helter Skelter, Revolution. (that's enough Beatles.... for now, I am The Walrus ;) )

Rolling Stones- Satisfaction, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Gimme Shelter, Wild Horses, Sympathy For The Devil, Under My Thumb, (ask sammy for more suggestions)

Lovin' Spoonful- Do you Believe In Magic?, Summer in the City

Doors- Light My Fire, The End, Riders On The Storm, When the Music's Over, 5 to 1, People Are Strange, Horse Latitudes.

Neil Young- Down By The River, Cowgirl In The Sand, Old Man, Heart of Gold, Like A Hurricane, Piece of Crap, Hey Hey My My, My My Hey Hey.

Cream- White Room, Sunshine of Your Love, Badge

The Who- Who Are You?, My Generation, Pinball Wizard, Behind Blue Eyes, Magic Bus, Emenance(sp?) Front,

CCR- Have You Ever Seen the Rain?,

Proud Mary

movin' on to 70s (there's great 60s stuff missing tho, but those are the bare necesities)

Led Zeppelin- Stairway, All of My Love, No Quarter, Kashmir, Communication Breakdown, Whole Lotta Love.

Aerosmith- Dream On, Last Child, Sweet Emotion.

Bowie- Man Who Sold the World, Changes, Ziggy Stardust, Space Oddity, Fame

John Lennon- Imagine, Working Class Hero, Instant Karma!, Love, Give Peace A Chance, Gimme Some Truth, Watching The Wheels

George Harrison- My Sweet Lord, Wah-Wah

ugh my brain hurts and can't think of many more big 70s classic rockers, someone else pick up the slack, anyway on to late 70s..... that's right it's punk rock time

Ramones- I Wanna Be Sedated, Rock 'n' Roll High School, Blitzgrieg Bop.

Iggy Pop(I will introduce you to more of him at a later time)- Lust For Life

Sex Pistols- Anarchy In The UK

Clash- Rock The Casbah, Should I Stay Or Should I Go? White Riot, London Calling.

Joy Division- Love Will Tear Us Apart.

okay after punk you have to make a choice, for we have to enter the wasteland that is the 80s, that choice is between the vile path of hair metal, or the wonders of alternative (personally if you grew up listening to classical, I think you'd prefer the soaring majesticness of alt-rock( 'cuz it's all frickin' symphonic!) to the excess of hair metal)

make your choice, I gotta go, have fun downloading the above list.

If you skip the 60s I will be forced to remove your heart.... rectally, and trust me it will be painful.

I mean then you'd miss out on Pink Floyd, some Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, CCR, Stooges, oh and Velvet Underground!!!! how could you skip the VU!

I like Pink Floyd, some Led Zeppelin, and some Beatles :D I don't NEED the Stones, CCR, Stooges, or VU (runs & hides from heart-snatcher).

Have you listened to all the Beatles tho? doubtful, have you listened to all the Stones, or any VU (and the freakin' Stooges!!), trust me you need some of that stuff.

A lot of the Beatles (I guess). Help, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band, Imagine (and a few other by John Lennon), and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds... :D Enough for me :)

Never the Stones, nor VU, or the 'Stooges'. :D

Then therefore you are blind to the fact that you need to listen to those. The recording techniques that the Stooges and VU came up with a relevant to today, and totally undated.

Then as far as Beatles only what 5 songs?!!! that's hardly enough, on my mp3 player I have about 75 Beatles songs that I listen to on a regular basis.